Sign in to follow this  
aerostar

Eaglesoft Citation and Challenger

...anyone got any inside news about the progress and release of these two jets...?

Also there does not seem to be an Eaglesoft commercial Forum section here... perhaps it's time to get one going...

aero

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

For news, you'll have to log in to the Eaglesoft site. Eaglesoft has no intention of doing any support at AVSIM and, as a consequence, there is no forum here. They have their own support forums on their own site.

DJ

Eaglesoft commercial Forum section here... perhaps it's time to get one going...

Thanks for the recommendation.  Eaglesoft has their own forums and we have respective forums to discuss this product in the FSX | FSX-SE and/or the P3D Forums, depending on where you installed the product.  Like RealAir, REX, GEX, UTX, Aerosoft, etc., we (okay I) do not see a need for another forum to discuss these products.  If they want to set up or move their forums to AVSIM, they are most welcomed to do so as it is a free service here at AVSIM.  We did set up some forums against the developer's wishes and these are unofficial forums but these are rare exceptions.  For instance, at one time, members complained about Captain Sim not providing support on their website for their products so we set up an unofficial forum as they had a lot of products and there was a huge need for support.  That has changed somewhat and Captain Sim now provides support for their products on their website and consequently, our Captain Sim forum is seeing less and less use.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for the speedy replies, DJ and Jim.

I was thinking along the lines that Eaglesoft already have a few products in the marketplace and they are well known... but I feel and hope that the new aircraft that they are working on will be so good and needed by the community that they will become a very popular purchase and Eaglesoft will enhance their position and reputation with us all.

Therefore a lot of discussion, tips, photos, operating procedures etc will want to be posted.... this is a one stop Forum for most and saves hunting around all sorts of different places for info etc.

Seems very logical to have an Eaglesoft section here ... probably will come anyway once the jets are released...

Thanks

aero

And why would we need a dedicated forum for a specific aircraft model or developer? The are probably hundreds of information, help, hints, introductions, and such threads throughout these forums. It might make for extra work for the moderators to combine some and maybe lock one of the duplicates, but otherwise the information flows.

BTW, this is good to hear about a Challenger 605! That should make a nice addition to the jet fleet for FSX/P3D.

Regards,

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Hi Folks,

While I don't have a Facebook account and never will - they have images of the Challenger posted there... Obviously you don't need an account to view them...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

And why would we need a dedicated forum for a specific aircraft model or developer?

Well what is the purpose of all the Commercial Developers dedicated forums on the left panel of front page ?

A lot of different developers, in fact most of the well known ones...

In fact, what is the principle of AVSIM forums existence ?

aero

Well what is the purpose of all the Commercial Developers dedicated forums on the left panel of front page ?

So that any developer who does not have the time or inclination to administer their own forum on their website can have one here at Avsim, a great service.

Eaglesoft have their own forum at Eaglesoftdg.com where they provide support hence they have never needed one here. although if you mention Eaglesoft in the Avsim forums, Ron normally makes an appearance very quickly :smile:

We decided long ago to provide product support at our dedicated Product Support Forums.
Your are required to register and login there if you desire specific product support.
We do not think that developers are exempt from directly supporting what they sell.
Our policy is to not use Avsim or other FS Site bandwidth for our Product Support.

Our recent Main Site Upgrade provides integration with our Support Forums and our new Facebook Site.
The FB Site is a way for us to allow simulated flight enthusiast an early peek at our "Works in Progress" projects.
In addition, those projects are depicted in our dedicated Product Support Forums as well.
In this way, we hope to provide plenty of information on what we will be accomplishing both in the near term and longer range outlook.

PS: We thank Jim, and the other good folks on staff at Avsim, for their generous offer to have a slot here at Avsim, but for the time being we will maintain what we have. :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I like to - as I'm sure many others too - come into AVSIM and check latest posts and also the Developers Commercial Forums Section for all the latest info and gossip on the multitude of products available... checkout pics and learn about other products I might be interested in and ones I didn't even know existed yet.

I have the Eaglesoft Citation X v2, PMDG's, CARENADO's etc and a host of Flightsim aircraft, sceneries tools etc.. to come here is so easy and informative and that is why it is more than a single Developers own Forum, it is more than the sum of its parts.

Why restrict this one place for all, its a rich seam...

aero

Hi Ron thanks for your post... I seem to have posted mine just after yours as I didnt see it....

... can you give a glimpse into the progress of the jets, please.... please

aero

Hi Ron thanks for your post... I seem to have posted mine just after yours as I didnt see it....

... can you give a glimpse into the progress of the jets, please.... please

aero

Sure, just go to our Main Site here: http://eaglesoftdg.com/

Upper Right Corner has an FB link. Bookmark them for availability whenever you like...

Of course if not registered in our forums you are welcome to do so a well. :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

BTW, this is good to hear about a Challenger 605! That should make a nice addition to the jet fleet for FSX/P3D.

We think so too Ray :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

It's Fantastic ! With working avionics they will be just what a lot of people have been dreaming about.... (like me) ! Cant wait... thats why I was looking for any indication of a possible release time frame... so I can plan the next year of my life ... vacations etc...

By the way, is it my PC or does this thread keep mysteriously disappearing from the recents list.. ?

aero

The Citation XLS+ Extreme 3.0 will have a full working Collins Pro Line 21 Avionics Package as will the Challeger 605 Extreme 3.0!

These, and others to follow, will be designated as part of our Extreme Corporate Aviation Series.

No anticipated date on XLS+ but we hope for mid to late 2016. This is not something we can guarantee but rather a goal we hope to reach.. :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thank you Ron for this .... now I can let my excitement go on the back burner for a few months. Looking forward to their release when they're ready.

aero

PS ...if you need a beta tester or any input from an ordinary simmer...