Sign in to follow this  
harrellsm

Service Pack 1D

Can someone tell me how to be sure I am operating with SP1D?  I've read where people say to look at the CDU (About) and it will tell you.  However, my CDU just says PMDG 737 NGX Version 1.1.  There are a lot of helpful posts but I'm having CTD's when ending flights so I want to be absolutely sure I am running the latest version.  I just built a new computer specifically for FSX and the PMDG 737NGX and I want it to run properly.  I did a lot of reading prior to installing so I am reasonably sure I didn't miss any steps. 

First I loaded Windows 7 64 Home Premium and then let Windows 10 upgrade it. 

I made sure all of my drivers were up to date then installed FSX, then sp1, then sp2.  All as Admin of course.

I then installed PMDG 737NGX.  Again, as Admin and of course I always run the sim as Admin.

I read the introduction prior to install and followed the directions and I've combed through the CTD Forum but still, No Joy.

My new system is.

Asrock Z97M with i4690K (not overclocked)

16gb ram

Nvidia GTX 950

My goal is to have a smooth running sim with just the 737NGX and then after I learn to fly it VATSIM .

Cheers!

Sean Harrell

Can someone tell me how to be sure I am operating with SP1D?

We've started to move away from referring to the SP terminology because of the confusion that it can cause. Open the Operations Center: Start > All Programs > PMDG Simulations > Operations Center. It will tell you if there is a new version. If it doesn't give you any notifications, you're up to date.

Kyle Rodgers

I was thinking this same thought last night. I'm not 100% sure I have all available updates installed. I tend to be leery of updating things if everything I have works fine. I don't want to rock the boat by installing something, including updates. 

You think I'm more likely to run into problems installing updates or letting sleeping dogs lie?

You think I'm more likely to run into problems installing updates or letting sleeping dogs lie?

I can't think of why you would see any issues. Updates usually contain a bunch of new functionality or measures to prevent issues.

As I mentioned in my last post, though:

"Open the Operations Center: Start > All Programs > PMDG Simulations > Operations Center. It will tell you if there is a new version. If it doesn't give you any notifications, you're up to date."

No sense in wasting time downloading/installing something that isn't necessary.

Kyle Rodgers