Sign in to follow this  
cab825

precisionmanuals.com down or just me

Anyone else having issues with the above or is it just me.

Receive the error - 

This webpage is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Trying to update the 777

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Note that the error message isn't "this webpage is not available" or "ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED" or similar. Those would indicate that your computer got no response. In your case, however, it's that you got a response, but it was refused for some reason, and those reasons are usually caused by your own computer or connection.

To troubleshoot this error:

• Clear Google Chrome's cache and cookies. A corrupted cookie or cache file may cause this error to show up. Clear your history, cache and cookies from the "Clear Browser Data..." menu on the Settings page.
  • Make sure you do not have unusual toolbars, extensions, viruses or malware. Many malware applications run in the background and prevent Chrome or other web browsers from connecting to external web servers. Uninstall them & use Windows Defender to do a quick/full system scan.
  • Check/adjust your antivirus and internet firewall settings. Firewall rules (manually or automatically activated) can block incoming and/or outgoing connections for specific ports or applications. Check your antivirus software and/or Windows Firewall settings to make sure that Google Chrome or Ports 80 and 8080 are not blocked in any way.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the response.

Tried deleting cache and cookies, to no avail. 

Full message reads - 

Google Chrome's connection attempt to precisionmanuals.com was rejected. The website may be down, or your network may not be properly configured.

Disabled Ad blocker but did not help, no other extensions running. Has been like this for a few weeks, quite sure its not an issue my end, this is the only site that's doing this.

Disabled Ad blocker but did not help, no other extensions running. Has been like this for a few weeks, quite sure its not an issue my end, this is the only site that's doing this.

I don't see that as the case. If there were a problem with the server side of things, then this wouldn't be possible:

pmdgsite20160223.JPG

Note the time and date (essentially now).

I provided a brief list that included looking into your firewall and filtering settings, but it doesn't appear that you've looked that far. If you've been able to access the site previously, and now you're not, then it's most likely a firewall or filter that got updated by an anti-virus program. You can always attempt to verify by trying to access the site from a smartphone or iPad (ideally not on your home network, so over cell data, or at a coffee shop).

Kyle Rodgers

You are correct, my phone does access the site, even over the same Wifi network. Will dig a bit deeper and see what I can find.

Thanks

Edit:

OK, so I have run the windows firewall repair tool and get no errors in general, however when its it is run on precisionmanuals.com, the following error is reported - 

Untitled.jpg

I don't understand why only this one site has this error?

I don't understand why only this one site has this error?

Likely not the only one...just the only one you're noticing.

The main site doesn't use anything out of the norm. The store site does use SSL, though.

By the way: full names are required in the forum here - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm facing excactly the same situation. "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED". I didn't try the above but since the guy above cab825 didn't report any progress, I don't think I should try the same stuff (I really want to avoid clearing my browser history completely). 

Note that I could access the website via Proxy (Tor in particular), but since Tor is really, really slow, it is not the ideal solution either. Do you have any other suggestions in mind, Kyle?

Trying to update the 777

Full names in the forums please - it is mandatory

I don't think I should try the same stuff (I really want to avoid clearing my browser history completely). 

Your computer isn't his. Each computer and connection is unique. If everyone's setup was the same and nobody needed special treatment, my job at Support would be ridiculously easy.

Seeing that this is an issue between you and our server (that is definitely up), and those issues are usually between your computer and the jack that connects your computer to the outside world, you should definitely try to start ruling things out. You took an alternate route to get between your computer and our server and it worked. That means that the normal path is jammed up somehow. The reason for stoppages is usually the firewall, either on your computer or on the router.

Kyle Rodgers

I'm facing excactly the same situation. "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED". I didn't try the above but since the guy above cab825 didn't report any progress, I don't think I should try the same stuff (I really want to avoid clearing my browser history completely). 

Note that I could access the website via Proxy (Tor in particular), but since Tor is really, really slow, it is not the ideal solution either. Do you have any other suggestions in mind, Kyle?

Full names in the forums please - it is mandatory

I have this issue (ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED) from time to time. Here in Australia, our gateways get clogged with too many users, in my case, on the week ends. When this happens, I have to switch from Google to IE, and my problem disappears. Usually by Monday, the issue is "solved" and I can return to Google. With so many silent updates, this may be the answer.

As Kyle says, all our machines and server connections are unique to varying degrees. Most time the software gets though. I am often amazed at the complexity of PMDG products and how well the code is written to allow so many machine configurations to handle it as well as it does. 

Geoff Bryce

i'm having also

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED  :sad: 

Welcome to the forum. Full names - first and last - are required here.

Please post the contents of your HOSTS file here. That's usually where the issue is.

The file can be found here: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc (it will not have an extension, so right click and open with notepad).

Kyle Rodgers