Sign in to follow this  
Ton4s

New at the 737NGX, problems and enjoyment

Hi,

Started flight simming back in the days (remember Aviodome?), made sceneries etc. Stopped and flew a real airplane for a while. Recently got a laptop with a resonable processor and graphic card, FSX Steam and the PMDG 737NGX. Things have progressed over the years :) Updated navaids ( http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids3.html Guy or gal deserves a medal ) after the 737NGX did a perfect auto-land on an apron somewhere :) Updated PMDG Nav with https://www.navigraph.com/ .

Somewhere in a thread someone mentioned losing the mouse clicks, I had/have that too...

I ran into the debug_log.txt in the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX" directory and found errors of missing wav files, like:

Creating systems:
01 02 Can't access WAV file: 0
(Sound\PMDG/737NGX/Various/PMDG_737_StarterTruck.wav)

Can't access WAV file: 0
(Sound\PMDG/737NGX/Various/PMDG_737_AirTruck.wav)

(Sound\PMDG/737NGX/Various/PMDG_737_EngineShutdown1.wav)

(Sound\PMDG/737NGX/Various/PMDG_737_EngineShutdown1_Ext.wav)

(Sound\PMDG/737NGX/Various/PMDG_737_EngineShutdown2.wav)

(Sound\PMDG/737NGX/Various/PMDG_737_EngineShutdown2_Ext.wav)

The wav files really are missing. I mentioned this to PMDG support, discussion is still ongoing, I think.

I noticed that reloading saved flights in flight not always works with the PMDG 737, have to restart FSX to get it going....

Sometimes the PFD freezes, changing views gets it going again. (V1 at 50 knots)

As an introduction/learning flight I flew the KLM version of the 737NGX from Amsterdam to Asia in about 12 hops. Landing, shutting it down and save the flight, continue again from saved flight. Somewhere during this flight the aircraft got stuck with a texture showing the lights on, and the fan blades remain stuck, not rotating. Doesn't affect flight :) Loading a new flight (not a previous saved one) get things back in order again.

In the top left of the FSX screen is a tiny white rectangle, probably some PMDG stuff. Curious as I am I enlarged it, but could not re-size it to its previous size. See picture below.

Ok, yaw damper needs to be on to get rid of the "FLT CONT" warning, when the center tanks is empty you get a fuel warning and need to stop the center tank fuel pumps.

Still learning the FMC....

Gee, you can spend a lot of money on this hobby nowadays...  But its fun.

Picture with light texture on plane while light is off, the stopped fans, and the mysterious white rectangle top left:

ngxproblem.jpg

The sequence of loading a flight can lead to those missing fan blades. The NGX only likes to be loaded once. When you start up Steam if you have the default plane as the NGX (the plane rotating in the main window upon opening) then when you load your flight it will show up with those fan blades missing. I'd imagine some of your other issues might have to do with this double loading of the plane.

To do it proper, load Steam with the cessna or some other non NGX plane as the default plane. To do this load up a flight anywhere with a cessna and then save as the default flight. Then when steam loads the next time it will load up with the cessna in the window. Then you can either load up your previous flight with the NGX (it will load at the gate and not on the intro screen) or you must load up a flight at an airport without the NGX, then re-load the NGX at the gate.

It seems loading the NGX at the intro screen is enough to throw things off. So what I did when starting a new flight at a random airport would be to load up a flight with the default 737 at the intro screen, then enter the sim. Once everything is loaded then load the NGX. By loading the default 737 you will be properly positioned at the gate so the jetway lines up with the NGX door. If you load in a cessna it will be off.

I'm finding issues with the clickspots on "touring" flights. That is loading up where I left off time after time. After 20 hours or so things start to act funny. I'm still trying to get answers and confirmation that simply re-loading fresh once in awhile will fix the clickspot errors. 

Somewhere in a thread someone mentioned losing the mouse clicks, I had/have that too...

Based on all of the issues that you mentioned, along with the picture, it looks like a re-load error, which Nick has addressed. Please read the Intro Manual. There is a TON of information in there that we wrote to help people avoid frustration.

EDIT: Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers