Sign in to follow this  
787flyer

ASU disconnect flow

Hi Bryan,

Can you explain the flow for getting the ASU disconnected via voice control? Perhaps I am doing something wrong. I am using the Voice control for the T7 and currently running v1.6 for FSX (boxed).

When I start from the T7 Cold and Start panel state  I run through the Preflight and the various checklists to the point where pushback is requested. At that point I disconnect the A/C unit then start the right engine using the connected ASU and GPU. Right engine spools up with no problem.

Then once I have the left engine spooling up, I disconnect the GPU try via voice (successful) and then disconnect the ASU. The voice command I use is recognized to disconnect the ASU and I get a reply from the Ground Crew a few seconds later stating this has been done however when looking at the open F/Os FMC and Ground Connection status I do not see the status change in the ASU transitioning from connected to disconnected.

If I request via voice again to disconnect the ASU a 2nd time, I see a small "flicker" of state on the F/O FMC but the state of the ASU remains connected, but the reply from the Ground Crew this time around is that it is already disconnected.

The only way to resolve this situation is by clicking the ASU disconnect option in the FMC to disconnect manually.

Everything else is working fine. What am I missing?

Thanks

Mark

Just realized I posted this in the PMDG. Not the FS2Crew forum. :fool:

Kyle or another Moderator can you please move this to the right forum ?

Many thx and sorry about that!

Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Just realized I posted this in the PMDG. Not the FS2Crew forum.

Kyle or another Moderator can you please move this to the right forum ?

Many thx and sorry about that!
Mark

haha - no prob!

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Bump.

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

Thx Bryan. I will also try and provide you the exact steps. It has happened a couple of times to me.

Regards

Mark

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge

Thx Bryan. I will also try and provide you the exact steps. It has happened a couple of times to me.

Regards

Mark

I just tested this for the V1.8 update using the latest version of the PMDG 777 aircraft.

There were no issue for me.

What may be tripping you up is that when the PMDG 777 itself displays connected/disconnect with respect to the ground carts, there seems to be a bug in their plane in that it can say connected, but when you look at the plane in the spot view, no cart is connected.

To determine if you can connect/disconnect a cart, FS2Crew looks for the presence of a physical cart.  It doesn't read what's displayed on the FMC.  Rather, FS2Crew literally looks at the state of the physical model.

It seems that the engines need to be off for the carts to physically appear.

Hi Bryan,

Thx for coming back to me on this.

Actually I am seeing something different now that I had more time to observe it. I wonder if you have some other ideas?

First I am running FS2Crew v1.8 now and have the latest version of the PMDG 777F loaded.

I start from Cold and Dark state and start FS2Crew using the full procedure.

The following ground connections are activated via the FMC and FS Options before the FS2Crew flow starts... ASU, GPU single connection and Air Conditioning all connected.

Everything runs fine until I get to the part where I am about to pushback.

My flow is the following:-

1. Request from GSX to pushback with starting engines requested first as I am at a remote stand that allows for this.

2. Wait for the bypass pin to be inserted which then causes GSX to prompt for removal of all units connected prior to pushback

3. Request start of Engine 2 first via voice control

4. Engine 2 starts and then I request ASU disconnect while monitoring the ground connection state on the 3rd FMC (central console)

5. ASU disconnect state changes to disconnect on the FMC and AC is removed from Spot View. So far so good.

6. I then request disconnect of the ASU. This also goes according to plan for both FMC state and in Spot View

7. The last step is where things go awry. I ask for the GPU to be disconnected. For a brief moment on the FMC I see the state change to disconnected (a split second) but then quickly reverts back to disconnected state. In Spot View the GPU remains disconnected.FS2Crew confirms disconnection even though both state and FMC show it's still connected.

I can request multiple disconnects of the GPU via voice control thereafter but makes no difference. GPU remains physically connected but voice control confirms GPU is disconnected.

The only way I can get the GPU disconnected is via the FMC and the remove chocks request. Then everything disappears from Spot View and the FMC state shows all disconnected units. I can the continue with the rest of the flow, start the left engine and continue the pushback flow.

I am not sure if this is a situation caused/managed by FS2Crew now or whether there is a bug with the T7 ground connections itself? :Confused: 

Any thoughts? Is there another flow that I could try that would work? Maybe this is not the correct sequence of events???

Are you aware of any conditions/limitations where the GPU can not be disconnected?

If you like I can also log a Support ticket at PMDG as on my system this is reproducible now.

Regards

Mark

PS. I realize now the title I originally created for this post is incorrect. Sorry. Should read GPU not ASU. :Doh: 

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge