Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Carenado Cirrus (XP) Released

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I had it for P3D but have not flown it in quite some time and do not remember the experience. Hmmm

Bob

Thanks for info.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Have been looking forward to it!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

I've been very happy with the vflytair SR-20 and originally, thought I might pass on this one, but I'm feeling the need to get it.  :wub:  I'm such an add-on junkie. I need help!

Rob 

Carendo release their products expecting us to be paying Beta testers...no thanks..

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

PS : ah I see, cannot delete post

Yes seems cool. What is the CARENADO G1000 DATABASE? IS this a separate free download?

Thanks

The database is a free download, that is used only for those planes with the G1000 for X-plane. (C182, C206 & SR-22)

Its just data for the G1000 to work.  If you already have one of the G1000 aircraft, you don't need to download it again since they all use the same database. Its about 3.5 gb in size and gets copied into your main X-plane folder.

Rob

Carendo release their products expecting us to be paying Beta testers...no thanks..

This is xplane dude - their planes actually work

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm tempted, just to see what the G1000 is like. On the other hand, I do almost all my flying in FSEconomy, and with just 3 seats for paying pax, this would be in the "fly it once in a while for fun, but not very often" category.

There are a few other in that category that will probably get bought first, like the Carenado/Alabeo Beech D17. So I guess it goes on the "want it, but later" list. Thanks for the notice though!

Now if Carenado would just add a floats package for the C208 Caravan... (sigh).

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

I bought it but having a few issues. It's a little tough on the CPU, and have had x-plane "stop responding" on occasion, but have yet to determine exactly why. I even cut all the sliders back and off and removed Skymaxx and still had freezing. So when I get some time maybe I can put on my Einstein hat and see if I can figure it out. It fly very nice and in x-plane I have no shimmering on the MFD's like I do in p3d

Bob

So this Cirrus is heavier in frames than the CT182 G1000? Knowing that both share similar G1000 technology? The plane looks awsome in pictures.

Alexander Colka

This is the 1st carenado for me with the G1000, so I would assume the same load. The shimmering is an issue too. It is the terrain display that looks like crap. If you click it, the popup is better as far as the shimmering. I also had a freeze when I clicked the checklist button,then it displayed <next checklist>. I pushed that to no avail and it hung again. For me, it sucks. As we all know your experience may differ.

Bob

I don't have this one yet, May pick it up later tonight, but I read on another forum that Cinema Verite may cause this crash with the check list. Try turning it off and see if it makes a difference.

Rob 

OK, Caved in and bought it tonight. I only had about 45 mins to spend with it, because I have to get to bed.

However, It seems very nice from what I saw so far. The checklist thing did not crash x-plane and everything I had time to play with worked. I did not load a flight plan yet, just did a few circuits around NYC and a few touch n goes at Laguardia.  

My brother owns an SR20 in real life and I have  few hours in it so I was curious at how the flight model compares.  The vflyteair version and this, both fly very close to each other and both compare well with what I remember my brothers sr20 felt like (its been a few months).  I was a little disapointed the Carenado ver does not have the caps system modeled the way the vflyteair version does. 

Frame rates seemed very good. about the same as any other Carenado plane I have. (for reference, I'm using a 4gb video card)

Rob

1_zpshylmftaf.jpg

2_zps7lmqxq77.jpg

2_zpssd2t3knq.jpg

1_zpsl0jxt4vp.jpg

3_zpsizsrc4c2.jpg