Sign in to follow this  
HaraldG

Antonio Totingue's Laayoune and Smara Scenery

Hi all,

strange behaviour of the forum today - if I search something, I get back to the FS9 forum or I get a message that I'm not authorized to search something -

so I have to ask directly:

Does anybody know where to get Antonio Totingue's Laayoune and Smara sceneries (GMML and GMMA).

Freewarescenery.com directs do libertysim.net, but if clicking the "telecharger" link I always get the message "No route found for "GET /clic/telecharge.php". The site seems not to work properly. Is there any other source for downloading?

Many thanks in advance!

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Harald I have GMML and a fine scenery it is (working fountains in the desert!) but I have never seen the other one.

Drop me a PM if you don't come right, perhaps we can organise something.

WingZ, the Smara airport scenery is included with the Laayoune scenery. (at least the GMML scenery I have also includes GMMA)

Guys, thanks!

At

http://www.libertysim.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=18068#p154152

there are two separate downloads for GMML and GMMA, but anyway, they don't work. Links to pictures don't, too.

Will search a little longer and probably come back to your offer, WingZ. (P.S. Congrats to 1,500 posts)

Have a nice time!

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

For anyone still searching for Antonio Totingue's Laayoune and Smara scenery, I just found it and several other Moroccan airports at:

http://fs-telechargement.blogspot.com/2012/10/morocan-airport-scenery.html

Get them while you can!

Great HU, I am planning flying some holiday routes. Haven't done that in years and years!

For anyone still searching for Antonio Totingue's Laayoune and Smara scenery, I just found it and several other Moroccan airports at:

http://fs-telechargement.blogspot.com/2012/10/morocan-airport-scenery.html

Get them while you can!

Thanks for providing this link, it's an interesting resource.

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hey Guys,

I downloaded and installed the Laayoune scenery but (at least) at the GMML and GMMA airports it seems that one or more library BGL files are missing because e.g. the terminal buildings are un-textured. However and as far as I can see, the related textures themselves seem to be present in the texture folder.

Can any of you guys confirm this ? If yes, then it seems that the only option is to delete everything, a great pity.

Hans

Hans,

I can't confirm this problem. At least my terminal buildings at both GMML and GMMA are textured.

I hope you can solve the problem! I have no idea what could cause it. However, I didn't use the included .bat files to rename some stock files, but installed the scenery into a sandbox, moved the files manually and changed/renamed the APxxxxxx.bgl and FLxxxxxx.bgl files only.

P.S. In my opinion, if the bgl files were missing you should rather have no buildings at all than untextured ones, shouldn't you?

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Hey Guys,

I downloaded and installed the Laayoune scenery but (at least) at the GMML and GMMA airports it seems that one or more library BGL files are missing because e.g. the terminal buildings are un-textured. However and as far as I can see, the related textures themselves seem to be present in the texture folder.

Can any of you guys confirm this ? If yes, then it seems that the only option is to delete everything, a great pity.

Hans

I'm just about to download it (thanks A32xx)

Some textures don't show in FS even if they are in the airport's Texture folder. Try copying the textures from the airport Texture folder to the Addon Scenery>Texture folder and see if they suddenly work.

Mark Daniels

Thanks for your replies guys.

Harald,

Because you seem have everything textured, including the terminal buildings at GMMA and GMML, I'm beginning to suspect that somehow my (repeated) downloads from this link, were not complete.

http://fs-telecharge...rt-scenery.html

Even more so because you say that you have "changed/replaced" an APxxxxxx.bgl file, which I cannot seem to find in any of the downloads. I installed my airports in the same way as you did, only not in a sandbox but in a working folder, etc.

Did you download your Laayoune scenery from theabove site ? Did you "change/replace" or edit your existing APxxxxxx.bgl file yourself ?

Normally, when "library" BGL files are used to place objects into any scenery, so called "model" files are used and a 32 position hexadecimal GUID code is generated by one of the BGL files, so that a fixed link is formed between that GUID and it's related texture in the scenery's texture folder. A separate BGL (e.g. GMML_xmlobjects.bgl) then takes care of the actual positioning of the ready made object via it's GUID code, a far more efficient method. If however, an initial GUID is somehow not generated but it's object has nevertheless been positioned in the scenery anyway, then non textured blank objects will appear and that seems to be my problem. Hence me talking about one or more missing "Library BGL" files.

Skywatcher,

Sadly moving the texture files did not change anything.

Regards

Hans

Hans,

after downloading the file and studying its content I begin to doubt that I have mine from this source, indeed.

However, it contains a folder tree "scenery\Afri\scenery" that contains some modified stock scenery files together with a batch file to make a backup from the originals and to rename the appendix of the modified files from .gmm to .bgl.

Thanks for your explanation regarding the system of bgl files. There's something new to learn every day even after 20 years of flightsimming...

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Harald,

Thanks for your reply.

The last four BGL files in my "Scenery" folder, of which each one's name ends with "LIB", are the so called "libray" files I was referring to. The top two are SCASM type ones while the bottom two are MDL/GUID type files. I disassembled all four of them and checked their contents/functions but as far as I can see, they all seem correct. I even re-compiled them to see if there were any technical problems, which there were not. I therefore still think that there are one or more missing files in my recently downloaded/active installation..

My active Laayoune "Scenery" folder contains a total of 41 BGL files with a "Size on disk: 9.68 MB (10.158.080 bytes" while the related "Texture" folder has 1.819 BMP files, "Size on disk 122 MB (122.557.056 bytes)"

How do these compare with the contents of your active "Scenery/Texture" folders ?

The supplied eleven BGL replacement files for the "Afri" scenery folder are corrections for default visible roads, streams, lakes, power lines, waypoints, ground elevations, etc so that they "join up" with those in the Laayoune scenery. The 12th one in the list is a Mesh file for the Western Sahara region. However, none of these have any effect on airport building textures.

Looking forward to your reply.

Hans, from behind the dikes in the Netherlands

Hi Hans,

I have sent you a PM with a dropbox link to the version I use.

In my case: Scenery folder with 42 files (41 plus an additional Afcad file for GMMA, I haven't checked so far if this is really necessary) with 10.162.176 Bytes; without the Afcad file: 10.158.080 Bytes.

Texture folder with 1.819 files with 128.557.056 Bytes (!).

So there is a difference to your texture folder, indeed. Maybe you have one ore more corrupted texture(s)?

I'd suggest that you check "my" version (I think I got it from a helpful Avsim member, too, after I started the thread), or at first the texture folder only, if it works for you.

Cheers!

Harald, from the Elbe river

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Harald,

Thanks very much for all the trouble you took. Your version certainly does work correctly and because I now want to figure out exactly why, it will keep me off the streets for some time, even after 20 years or so of simming, like you.

Thanks again.

Hans