Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

SIMstarter NG announced by Aerosoft!

Mid of 2013 the idea of FSXstarter was born. The idea of an tool which should improve the handling of different configuration profiles of your simulator. Now 3 years later the Next Generation of SIMstarter has been announced by Aerosoft. SIMstarter NG based on the ideas of SIMstarter and a lot of improvements. It will become payware.

We offer all people who did a donation until 21st of February 2016 for SIMstarter a FREE COPY of SIMstarter NG for a period of 60 days after release of SIMstarter NG. Thank you for all supporters of SIMstarter. The development and support of SIMstarter will discontinue from now on. I hope for your understanding.

There will be a MigrationTool to migrate all SIMstarter profiles into SIMstarter NG. Not a big deal at all!

Please find screenshots and the full announcement here:
http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/105558-simstarter-new-generation/

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

Price will be 12 EUR plus VAT.

Do you recall who contributed? I don't recall whether I did or not. But, I'd buy it anyway. :)

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Do you recall who contributed? I don't recall whether I did or not. But, I'd buy it anyway. :)

Thank you. Indeed NG is a complete new program. Therefore I am very happy if people buying it. We just wanted to give something back to the people who did already a donation. You could say these are independent software pieces but we won't. The free copy is independent of the amount of the donation.

We have a list of all donators. The process how to get the free copy will be published once NG is out.

Congratulations Pero. Couple of questions.

-Are the scenery, simobjects.cfg, dll.xml and exe.xml editors fully functional in the paid version?

-Is it possible to alter ASN options if ASN is on a networked machine?

Congratulations Pero. Couple of questions.

-Are the scenery, simobjects.cfg, dll.xml and exe.xml editors fully functional in the paid version?

Yes. They have been fully reworked and bugfixed. For example the Scenery Manager loading time is much better, DLL/EXE.XML Editor can edit all config items, e.g.

-Is it possible to alter ASN options if ASN is on a networked machine?

Yes. You can choose the base directory of the HIFI configuration files. If this directory points to another computer - it would work.

I think you should add a scenery selector (turn on or off) in such a way that you don't need to setup a scenery set but can do it on the fly just before you launch the flight.....similar to SceneryConfigEditor does.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I think you should add a scenery selector (turn on or off) in such a way that you don't need to setup a scenery set but can do it on the fly just before you launch the flight.....similar to SceneryConfigEditor does.

Sorry, didn't get that. Can you please describe it a bit more?

Sorry, didn't get that. Can you please describe it a bit more?

Rather than setup a specific scenery set for example lets say only Orbx Airports in North America, rather have a page that lists all scenery (which I see you have as a screenshot).  The user selects the scenery from the list that they want active, press the "save" button and SimStarter updates the scenery.cfg to only activate the listed sceneries.  Does this clarify things for you ?

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Rather than setup a specific scenery set for example lets say only Orbx Airports in North America, rather have a page that lists all scenery (which I see you have as a screenshot).  The user selects the scenery from the list that they want active, press the "save" button and SimStarter updates the scenery.cfg to only activate the listed sceneries.  Does this clarify things for you ?

Ok. Thank you.

This is possible in SIMstarter already and will be possible in SIMstarter NG as well.

Go to Scenery Manager > Overview Tabpage > Check/Uncheck. The problem with SIMstarter is how he handles the file saving. This will be improved with NG. With NG most (should be nearly all) give you the possibility to saved or discard changes. Which should make the use easier.

But just try it in SIMstarter - should work already.

Ok. Thank you.

This is possible in SIMstarter already and will be possible in SIMstarter NG as well.

Go to Scenery Manager > Overview Tabpage > Check/Uncheck. The problem with SIMstarter is how he handles the file saving. This will be improved with NG. With NG most (should be nearly all) give you the possibility to saved or discard changes. Which should make the use easier.

But just try it in SIMstarter - should work already.

OK thanks, you might want to check out Scenery Config Editor to see how it works.  This is a freeware tool that works for FSX and FSX-SE but not P3D.  In addition, I don't think it is being actively developed at this time.

Mark W   CYYZ      

Can you do the same in the StartupManager?

I not always start the same applications with FSX.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jacob.

Hi there,

that sounds really good. Im using your tool now for a couple months now and it rocks. When AS will release it i am definitely a customer. 

Thanks for your effort.

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg