Sign in to follow this  
Capt. PERO

SIMstarter NG announced by Aerosoft!

Can you do the same in the StartupManager?

I not always start the same applications with FSX.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jacob.

I don't know StartupManager. With NG you can create up to 99.999 different Start Profiles with different applications and combine them with other Configuration Sets. I think you won't need more...  :smile:

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

I don't know StartupManager. With NG you can create up to 99.999 different Start Profiles with different applications and combine them with other Configuration Sets. I think you won't need more...  :smile:

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Hi.

Just donated today and now I read that I have to purchase at AS aswell.

Maybe i will get a free copy aswell. Did not see this support forum before donating.

Donated 10 Euros.

Thanks.

Capt. Pero - Just wondering if your start manager will allow you to set affinity for programs.  I have been following advice here in P3D from SteveW who has suggested all non P3D programs (addons) such as vPilot, Weather, LINDA be run on CPU cores other than "0".  Currently I am using AlactrityPC but some people build their own batch file for this and I think this would be an amazing addition to your start manager.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I'm confused a bit, Capt. Have 2.7.4 and love it but I can't find SimStarter NG anywhere at Aerosoft. Is it available yet?

I dont use this tool but with all its capability it should be payware - good luck 

Rich Sennett

Capt. Pero - Just wondering if your start manager will allow you to set affinity for programs.  I have been following advice here in P3D from SteveW who has suggested all non P3D programs (addons) such as vPilot, Weather, LINDA be run on CPU cores other than "0".  Currently I am using AlactrityPC but some people build their own batch file for this and I think this would be an amazing addition to your start manager.

Yes it will. NG will allow you to set Affinity Mask for each program of the StartManager.

I'm confused a bit, Capt. Have 2.7.4 and love it but I can't find SimStarter NG anywhere at Aerosoft. Is it available yet?

I'am sorry. It will be out soon. The first Release candidate has been deployed to the BETA Team one week ago.

: : : aviation.pero-online.de
Developer of SIMstarter NG P3D & Homecockpit Builder

I dont use this tool but with all its capability it should be payware - good luck 

I use the freeware version for both FSX and P3D and plan on buying this payware version as well.  You should seriously give it a try....I have several  different setups for various types of flying that I do.  So I have one for Vatsim where I know I will be flying with lots of Vatsim traffic so I set AI to zero.  I have another Vatsim profile for lightly used Vatsim airports where I throw in a little bit of AI for ambiance.  I have an offline profile with lots of AI and a VFR profile with no large jets but lots of GA AI....etc, etc.   Makes life very easy when flying.  I also adjust other sim settings to help with framerates....I need fewer details when flying Concorde at 60,000ft as opposed to A2A Comanche VFR in an ORBX region.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I use the freeware version for both FSX and P3D and plan on buying this payware version as well.  You should seriously give it a try....I have several  different setups for various types of flying that I do.  So I have one for Vatsim where I know I will be flying with lots of Vatsim traffic so I set AI to zero.  I have another Vatsim profile for lightly used Vatsim airports where I throw in a little bit of AI for ambiance.  I have an offline profile with lots of AI and a VFR profile with no large jets but lots of GA AI....etc, etc.   Makes life very easy when flying.  I also adjust other sim settings to help with framerates....I need fewer details when flying Concorde at 60,000ft as opposed to A2A Comanche VFR in an ORBX region.

Sounds like your enjoying it Mark - glad to hear it may re-visit at a later date - hope all is well

Rich Sennett

I've not used this tool before, so I have a quick question........I usually start FSX with Rex Textures & Soft Clouds fly now capability, so how do I use Rex and start FSX with SimstarterNG?

Cheers.

I've not used this tool before, so I have a quick question........I usually start FSX with Rex Textures & Soft Clouds fly now capability, so how do I use Rex and start FSX with SimstarterNG?

Cheers.

SS has a launcher built in. You just navigate to the REX.exe and store it in your profile so when you launch SS  you launch REX as well. You can also select to have your launch items delayed so they start after FSX is running. Your sim is launched automatically

ZORAN

SS has a launcher built in. You just navigate to the REX.exe and store it in your profile so when you launch SS  you launch REX as well. You can also select to have your launch items delayed so they start after FSX is running. Your sim is launched automatically

Thanks for your quick reply, but, I'll still have to lauch Rex first to choose my textures settings? is this correct?

Cheers.

I dont have REX but do you usually choose texture settings before each flight?  I will let someone else chime in here since Im not familiar with REX

ZORAN

Wouldn't it be great if SimStarter could swap them out for you.  Select different sky and cloud textures based on climate and area.  I'm dreaming here. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Wouldn't it be great if SimStarter could swap them out for you.  Select different sky and cloud textures based on climate and area.  I'm dreaming here. 

yesss! wake up mutley your dreaming again :Tounge:

What the DEV should do is make SS available on a  free trial basis . Most have no clue how powerful this program really is ..

ZORAN