Sign in to follow this  
hawkhero

Cursor flashing over click spots

unfortunately i´m having the same problem, since i´m using Windows 10, i also had this issue with FSX-SE and now that i´m using Prepar3D 3.1 it still persists, so my guess is that it is related to the new Windows versión.

I found out, that this mainly happens when using 2D popups, specially the CDU and when the mouse cursor hovers over a clickspot, apart of the mentioned flashing and flickering , a second cursor appears next to it, about 1 inch to the right (it´s a bit smaller tan the original, but also flashes and flickers). Sorry, but english is not my native language and it´s a bit hard to explain.

I tried to make a screenshot of this issue, but it only happens when the cursor is moving, so i can´t capture it !

This only happens with the NGX and the 777, having no problems with other aircraft.

Are there any specific graphic settings needed in Windows 10 in order to run PMDG aircraft ?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Best regards, Lars

Lars Stahmann

CPU: Intel i7-13700KF, Water Cooling Corsair ICUE Hi150 i Elite /PC Tower: Corsair ICUE 7000X RGB / GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 4080 OC 16GB / Mobo : ASUS TUF Gaming Z790 Plus / RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x 16 GB DDR5 6000 / HD: Samsung 980 Pro M.02 2TB / OS: Win 11 Home / Monitor: LG OLED Evo 48" 4K / Hardware : Saitek X52 Pro / Sim: P3D 5.4

I've had a flashing cursor arrow before when I had Internet Explorer open behind the simulator window. If I minimized IE the flashing stopped.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Strange, i don´t have FXAA on and i don´t have IE or Edge running in the background.

Fact is, i use pretty standard settings : 4xMSAA (in game), Aniso x16, FXAA = OFF and SGSSAA x4 (Nvidia Inspector), i´ll have to keep investigating.

Lars Stahmann

CPU: Intel i7-13700KF, Water Cooling Corsair ICUE Hi150 i Elite /PC Tower: Corsair ICUE 7000X RGB / GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 4080 OC 16GB / Mobo : ASUS TUF Gaming Z790 Plus / RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x 16 GB DDR5 6000 / HD: Samsung 980 Pro M.02 2TB / OS: Win 11 Home / Monitor: LG OLED Evo 48" 4K / Hardware : Saitek X52 Pro / Sim: P3D 5.4

I bought a new hard drive and switched to Windows 10 and am now seeing the flicker and the second small cursor like Lars describes. All the hardware is exactly the same as when I was running Window 7 that did not have the issue. I have FXAA turned off as well.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Oh yeah I should add that the second small cursor only appears when the cursor is in the shape of the hand, not when it is in the shape of an arrow.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I could replicate this problem when on Win 10, when I updated p3d to v3.2 some time ago and re formatted my ssd with Win 7 it didn't happen anymore. So my guess is a win 10 issue with the NGX.

Sergio Naiberg

Hello! I'm having exact issues what Lars said. Have anyone of you founded working solution? 
I had this issue with my old PC with GTX960 4gb and two days ago I got my new PC with 1060 6gb and same old issues are back. I can't believe that my hardware is causing the issue...

I'm using P3D 3.4 and Windows 10 64bit. Please help me.

Hi,

I have this same issue.  Windows 10 64bit.  737 NGX, P3D 3.4.

When I move my cursor around, mostly on 2D panels, I get a smaller "ghost cursor" hand or pointer a few inches to the right of the real cursor.

Any suggestions?

Doug Frenia

Sorry to resurrect an old topic, but this is exactly what I'm experiencing too. 

I think it came with updating to Win 10 Creators update, but I've also upgraded my graphics card to a GTX 1060 so it might be that. I'm running FSX-MS. Mouse flickers and flashes with a duplicate cursor over clickspots, and also seems to have a black shadow under it when moving the mouse. 

Has anyone fixed it?

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S