Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Reshade

And the above i can confirm.

i am wondering though why this mastereffect. h file with its folder is not part of the reshade installation files?

With barebone aka default reshade installation and options i cant see anything is changing.

How often should we empty the P3D shader

folder btw?

Thanks Michael Moe

Hang in there i put up a vid ;)

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

And the above i can confirm.

i am wondering though why this mastereffect. h file with its folder is not part of the reshade installation files?

With barebone aka default reshade installation and options i cant see anything is changing.

How often should we empty the P3D shader

folder btw?

Thanks Michael Moe

Hello Michael,

i made a ver very small tutorial video. In the first half i added the split screen feature and in the second half a black and white filter. You can do that with any other entry in the shader file. Feel free to experiment. There is no need to delete the sims shader cache. The shader of the mastereffect will be rebuilt instantly. See the video 1 for more. The second one i made a few months ago shows the Depth Of Field function of Mastereffect. To get this to work every AA MUST be disabled!!!

Hope that helps :)

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

Hello Michael,

inside P3D3 there must be two files reshade.fx and the dxgi.dll. Inside the folder where you copied the reshade stuff once downloaded you will also copy all mastereffect files into the reshade folder. If you like my preset you can download it here https://www.dropbox.com/s/f0e53eux6ty2l3g/MasterEffect.h?dl=0 it is the mastereffect.h shader file. Just overwrite the old one.

If you like to play with the settings, open the mastereffect.h file with notepad. Edit the lines you like and save it. It will take effect immediately.. You will be notified via a white tex in the upper lefthand corner of your sim screen.

Hope that helps :)

Hi Mickey

Thanks for your preset file . I like it  :smile:

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Glad you do :)

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

Glad you do :)

But everything comes at a price  :wink:

My single 970SC is taking 30-40% extra GPU hit (easy 90-99%) and FPS is about 10% less. 

But thats always the history . Nice i have SLI for GA and it can hit 99% on both cards. 

Should i disable AA in P3D and NI?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

But everything comes at a price  :wink:

Hello Michael,

that is kinda strange as i dont see any higher load on the GPU. There is almost no FPS hit nor high loads. I have 2 GTX 980 in SLI. In NI i have set 4xSGSS and in sim 4xMSAA. Rock Solid 30 FPS in most situations.

Here is what you can try, when sim is running and Reshade is active hit the spacebar see if something changes in FPS or load. Or just switch of every effect in the .h file. and see what happens. 

You dont need to switch off the AA neither in sim nor in NI except you want the DOF effect, as seen in in the second video or here

, to work. Just to let you know, the DOF is nice for making videos but is not practicable for day by day flight simming. Btw i also tried the DOF in Crisis III it looked kinda cool but wasnt practicable too.

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

Hello Michael,

that is kinda strange as i dont see any higher load on the GPU. There is almost no FPS hit nor high loads. I have 2 GTX 980 in SLI. In NI i have set 4xSGSS and in sim 4xMSAA. Rock Solid 30 FPS in most situations.

Here is what you can try, when sim is running and Reshade is active hit the spacebar see if something changes in FPS or load. Or just switch of every effect in the .h file. and see what happens.

You dont need to switch off the AA neither in sim nor in NI except you want the DOF effect, as seen in in the second video or here

, to work. Just to let you know, the DOF is nice for making videos but is not practicable for day by day flight simming. Btw i also tried the DOF in Crisis III it looked kinda cool but wasnt practicable too.

Hi again MJ.

I did use the spacebar to turn the effects on and off and it does gives me a GPU and fps hit. I remember having 8x MSAA in P3D and MFAA on in NI.

Do you also have HDR enabled in P3D with t these effects?

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

I also have a FPS hit using reshade and a more slow texture loading, i had to drop it unfortunately.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

I do have HDR enabled. But i never had any kind of FPS hit with reshade. It might be that i use 30Hz on my beamer @ unlimited frames which gives me solid 30 FPS. Havent tried it wirh 60Hz @ unlimited frames. As soon as i habe time i will give it a go.

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

I do have HDR enabled. But i never had any kind of FPS hit with reshade. It might be that i use 30Hz on my beamer @ unlimited frames which gives me solid 30 FPS. Havent tried it wirh 60Hz @ unlimited frames. As soon as i habe time i will give it a go.

I also have HDR enabled running at 30hz but i dont have 2 980ti in SLI just a modest GTX970 :)

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

There configurations within reshade that if it produces a knock on the fps, to determine which recommend going activating a time, for example Gaussian effect has a strong impact not only so those who modify or alter colors

So I've been using Sweetfx with Reshade all this while. Is mastereffect any better? In terms of shaders and control.

So i tried again my .h file in v3.1 now with the latest nVidia driver update and i found no frame rate issue. I still run solid 30FPS.

Greetz

MJ

youtubefooter.jpg

You dont need to switch off the AA neither in sim nor in NI except you want the DOF effect, as seen in in the second video or here

, to work. Just to let you know, the DOF is nice for making videos but is not practicable for day by day flight simming. Btw i also tried the DOF in Crisis III it looked kinda cool but wasnt practicable too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BzS5VK3jWM

I am just wondering, how did fix it? Everytime i try to use the DOF effect nothing effects the actually screen... It only works when Manual focus is on 1. However, that is not what i want.. I would like to have what the video showed which was auto focus. Lastly, when i do use auto focus is only shows in the aircraft preview windows. :-/

If anyone could help then it will be much appreciated. 

Thank You.

mr340

did you manage to get your reshade presets finished ??

I think you nailed it with those pics you posted

also

I think lots of avsimmers would be impressed if you can post  a download link of your reshade presets