Sign in to follow this  
Guest paddy

Aviation Prayer

Guest paddy

Lord, guard and guide the men who fly,Thro' the great spaces of the sky,Be with them, traversing the air,In darkening storms or sunshine fair.Thou, who doth keep with tender might,The balanced birds in all their flight,Thou, of the tempered winds, be near,That, having Thee, they know no fear.Control their minds with instinct fit,What time, adventuring, they quit,The firm security of land,Grant steadfast eye and skillful hand.Aloft, in solitudes of space,Uphold them with Thy saving grace,O God, protect the men that fly,Thro' lonely ways beneath the sky.(Mary C,D. Hamilton - 1915)Paddy.

Guest glnflwrs

Paddy, That is a prayer that expresses the thoughts of airmen and their loved ones worldwide. I always looked at "High Flight" by McGee as a prayer also. On the lighter side, here is the "Pilot's Prayer" Hehehe... The Pilot's PrayerOh controller, who sits in towerHallowed be thy sector.Thy traffic come, thy instructions be doneOn the ground as they are in the air.Give us this day our radar vectors,And forgive us our TCA incursionsAs we forgive those who cut us off on final.And lead us not into adverse weather,But deliver us our clearances.Roger.No blasphemy or disrespect intended.Glenn"If God would have wanted man to fly He would have given him more money"

Guest paddy

Yes, this is the modern prayer of pilots vs ATC, but God doesn't always hear those prayers....Paddy

Guest glnflwrs

Paddy, I'd like to believe that the Good Lord hears all prayers but chooses to ignore some. I know he ignores mine every so often, but only when I get off the proper track with my prayer.Glenn"If God would have wanted man to fly He would have given him more money"

Guest paddy

So what are we learning of that, Glenn? Right, always stay at the proper track with your prayers to be heared by the Good Lord!Paddy.

Guest glnflwrs

I'll say a hearty Amen to that.Glenn"If God would have wanted man to fly He would have given him more money"

Guest btrpilot

Hey, God doesn't ever ignore our prayers, sometimes He just doesn't answer them the way we'd like him to!!BrandonSkiAir Virtual"Serving the ski areas of the Rockies"www.pookiedom.com/skiair

Guest paddy

And that is the very right answer, Brandon!Paddy.