Sign in to follow this  
Fi5kuS

How do I get correct autogen on top of SimHeaven Photoscenery?

Hi!

I'm struggling to figure out how I can add photo scenery on top of the Simheaven photo scenery (http://zonephoto.x-plane.fr/Cartes.php). I also have the latest W2XP Europe scenery installed + HD mesh v3. Also, when using photo scenery, night lightning disappear almost completely. 

I assume the photo scenery from Simheaven is created with OrhoXP, like the scenery seen in this (amazing) video.

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

The zonephoto imagery isn't from Simheaven, in fact Simheaven stopped distributing photoimagery some time ago, they now only distribute W2XP generated sceneries (which are just the objects, roads, forests, etc)

You can use both zonephoto imagery and W2XP together, and it will do the correct thing, i.e. The W2XP scenery will overlay on-top of the photoimagery. You just need to make sure your W2XP scenery is placed above the photoimagery in priority (by looking inside scenery_packs.ini)

In that video, this is exactly what this user has done, he's used photoimagery (from Ortho4XP) and then placed W2XP scenery on-top. 

Finally, most of the tiles on zonephoto aren't from Ortho4XP but an older tool called G2XPL. But the same rules apply, although Ortho4XP produces much nicer coastlines.

You should read this topic http://www.avsim.com/topic/430976-scenery-and-openstreetmap-osm-faq/, it's a little old now but will explain how everything fits together. You don't need HD Mesh installed if you are using photoimagery as they don't work together.

One more (silly) question - 

When I add photoscenery and OSM autogen on top, why does large parts of night lightning/environment disappear? 

38.jpg

Brynjar Mauseth 

Photo-scenery doesn't have any night textures, so unlike the default textures they are completely black at night. The only lighting you will see is from the street lights and buildings from the OSM objects, and street lighting depends on the data in OSM (generally all roads in residential zones should be lit up).