Sign in to follow this  
seahawks

How to remove the shiny effect

Hello all,

I have created my own livery using DXTBmp program and Paint Shop Pro 5, for my PMDG 747-400. FS9.

I don't find any solution related to my question, in the FAQ

I would want to know how to remove the shiny effect on the fuselage or alpha channel.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

In the FAQ Question 16: I don't know how to make alpha channel white 255,255,255?

With my PSP 5

Dom

What Flight Simulator ?? - Makes a BIG Difference - Johnman B)

Thanks for your answer

I wrote FS9=FS2004  ....PMDG 747-400 FS9 :wink: B) 

In DXTbmp you chose the "Send Alpha to Editor" or similar option. Then get your paint brush or fill tool out, and make the whole image white, then save. Refresh the whole thing in DXTbmp, sometimes it can be a bit funny about this so you might need to refresh a few times and maybe flip it twice, then save the Extended Bitmap.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Chris Yes ! - Fsx does Not Use Alpha - It uses a Direct x Texture - This is rather Well Explained in the Sdk - for the Appropriate Flight Sim - Johnman B)

Also Dom,

You can Download the Plugins for Photo Shop - to use it with Direct x and the Flight Sims - which I use - However I have Gotten Used to DXTBMP - and Still use that - Especially for BMP files - It loads Quicker - You can Google the Photo Shop Plugins ! - Johnman B)

Chris Yes ! - Fsx does Not Use Alpha - It uses a Direct x Texture - This is rather Well Explained in the Sdk - for the Appropriate Flight Sim - Johnman B)

With respect, I've been doing FSX repaints for years and FSX definitely uses alpha channels for reflectivity.However, they're embedded within DDS or Extended Bitmaps rather than being a separate file.

In FSX you also have bump and specular mapping in a separate texture, although there's not normally a need to adjust these,.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg