Sign in to follow this  
Gidlet

Saitek Radio Panel Interface

I have a Saitek Radio Panel that I'm trying to use with FSX but I'm experiencing weirdness that may or may not be related to Linda (Ver. 2.6.7).  At first, the panel wasn't responsive at at but just putting out random numbers on the displays and none of the panel switches were responsive. So, I updated to the latest Saitek driver, went into Linda and programmed all of the switches (they had been "empty).

Honestly, I couldn't tell by reading this forum if I had to program the panel, but I did and now the panel works EXCEPT for the ACT/STBY toggle switches. When I click those in the FSX cockpit, all is good. When I try to use the ones on the panel, there is a split second when the panel displays change but then they immediately change back.  Of course, this makes the panel totally useless.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here.  If I hook up the panel and run FSX on my laptop (without Linda installed), the panel works fine. Other USB devices (joystick) on my FSX machine seem ok as well so I suspect the Linda/Panel interface is screwy somehow.

Any advice is appreciated.

Hi Gidlet

Welcome to LINDA. Working with the Saitek panels is a new feature in LINDA and even I am still working out all the weird things they do.  It replaces the existing Saitek software and SPAD. 

First of all, LINDA works with the Radio Panel without the need for any Saitek drivers. You need to remove/disable all Saitek software like saipanel.exe. Otherwise, the LINDA and the Saitek conflict with each other and causes the strange effects you may be seeing.

Secondly, you need to follow the Release Notes for 2.5.7 and cut-and-paste the Radio Panel block from the config-saitek.lua file into the FSX Default aircraft config-hid.lua file. These files are located respectively in /fsx/modules/linda-cfg/system/ and /fsx/modules/linda-cfg/aircrafts/fsx default/. These assignments perform all the functions needed to interface with the Radio Panel.

Finally, the Radio Panel only works correctly with aircraft that conform to the standard FSX radio implementation. It partially works with the Aerosoft Airbus (displays but no control) and not with the Majestic Q400.

I hope that helps. Please come back if you continue to have problems.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Thanks, Scott.  Thanks for your prompt response.  Just a few points of clarification...

1. Do I cut-and-paste the info or do I copy-and-paste it?

2. I don't have a config-saitek..lua file in the /fsx/modules/linda-cfg/system/ directory.  There is a config-hid-saitek.lua file.  Is this the one?

3. Can I assume by "FSX Default aircraft config-hid.lua file"  that you mean the file named config-hid.lua?  There is no file noted as "default" in the directory you point to.  However, in that directory, I see there's a config-hid-saitek.lua file in this directory as well.  This file seems to have the same info as what is included in the Linda docs annex.

4. Should I delete all the Saitek panel switch assignments that I put in Linda or keep them?

Thanks for the help.

To clarify:

1. It is copy-and-paste the entire radio panel block from the identification lines down the last numbered line. Don't include the Switch and Multi Panels blocks unless you have them.

2. It is the one with saitek in the name. It is hard working from memory. Config-hid-saitek.lua sounds correct.

3. The file is the config-hid.lua located in the default aircraft folder (/modules/linda-cfg/aircrafts/fsx default/). By installing the block in the fault aircraft configuration it is available to all aircraft unless overwritten.

4. To guarantee that you have the correct assignments I suggest you delete any you have entered.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

To clarify:

1. It is copy-and-paste the entire radio panel block from the identification lines down the last numbered line. Don't include the Switch and Multi Panels blocks unless you have them.

2. It is the one with saitek in the name. It is hard working from memory. Config-hid-saitek.lua sounds correct.

3. The file is the config-hid.lua located in the default aircraft folder (/modules/linda-cfg/aircrafts/fsx default/). By installing the block in the fault aircraft configuration it is available to all aircraft unless overwritten.

4. To guarantee that you have the correct assignments I suggest you delete any you have entered.

Hi ScotFlieger

I just bought 2 Saitek panels which are Multi Panel and Radio Panel. I got a problem with saitek and LINDA(v2.8.5) setup that likes Gidlet who mentioned.

I followed above instruction to remove all of saitek drivers and software. I also copy related device config from config-hid-saitek.lua to config-hid.lua which are located at /FSX/Modules/linda-cfg/aircrafts/FSX Default/ directory, but I don't know how to the config-hid.lua in /fsx/modules/linda-cfg/system/.

When I start FSX and start LINDA.exe, Two panels buttons control fine but delay. The both panels LCD display incorrect. The multi panel cannot display any HDG, VS, ALT etc number. The two rows LCDs of the radio panel can only display com1 frequency whatever I switch to com2, NAV1 and NAV2.  (There is an image to show what I mention: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5XgVw5-ySC2b1BySWl2eWN5b1k/view?usp=sharing)

My config files setting:

1) /FSX/Modules/linda-cfg/aircrafts/FSX Default/config-hid.lua

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5XgVw5-ySC2OHd1bzFPWTM3YjA/view

2) /fsx/modules/linda-cfg/system/config-hid.lua

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5XgVw5-ySC2R3hBTF9ZT2tnRlk/view?usp=sharing

FSX Version: Steam Edition

FSUIPC: Registered version

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello,

ich schreibe das mal in Deutsch:

habe Switch Panel, Multi Panel und Radio Panel.   Die Funktionen sind ok, nur die Anzeige ist komplett daneben:  Beim Radio nur Com1 Werte, beim Switchen kommen für 2 Sekunden die korrekten Werte.  Alt, Crs usw. werden garnicht angezeigt.

keine Saitek Treiber drauf, Einstellungen wie oben angegeben.

Mir ist leider letzte Woche mein MCP 1 verreckt und da ich das Switch Panel bereits im Einsatz habe, wollte ich eine kostengünstige Lösung.

greetings

Wilfried Fabian

Hello,

ich schreibe das mal in Deutsch:

habe Switch Panel, Multi Panel und Radio Panel.   Die Funktionen sind ok, nur die Anzeige ist komplett daneben:  Beim Radio nur Com1 Werte, beim Switchen kommen für 2 Sekunden die korrekten Werte.  Alt, Crs usw. werden garnicht angezeigt.

keine Saitek Treiber drauf, Einstellungen wie oben angegeben.

Mir ist leider letzte Woche mein MCP 1 verreckt und da ich das Switch Panel bereits im Einsatz habe, wollte ich eine kostengünstige Lösung.

greetings

Wilfried Fabian

I just bought 2 Saitek panels which are Multi Panel and Radio Panel. I got a problem with saitek and LINDA(v2.8.5) setup that likes Gidlet who mentioned.

Try unticking Saitek Panels in Setup LINDA and restarting LINDA. This will ensure that the LUA code controls the panels. The Checkbox is for future development. Also make sure you update to 2.8.6 as this fixes the OnRelease operation required by the Saitek Panels.

Edited by ScotFlieger
Added answer to wyman369

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Try unticking Saitek Panels in Setup LINDA and restarting LINDA. This will ensure that the LUA code controls the panels. The Checkbox is for future development. Also make sure you update to 2.8.6 as this fixes the OnRelease operation required by the Saitek Panels.

Thanks for the Tipp,  it work now.  I must untick and tick the checkbox 2 times, and then works all fine. The multi panel has at the first no display, after second untick and reload its also works, but i miss my old vrisinght <sigh>  it was faster than the goflight.  But i fly not so often and i must use it for the future.

many Thanks and nice weekend for you.  a super fast response!

Wilfried "Wiffi" Fabian

Hi ScotFlieger,

I am happy for your reply. It's work now. My problem has been fixed. 

Thank you very much.

I am having the same problem when i uncheck the saitek button my radio does not light up anymore.  i had it working before i reformated my computer.  it works in the game its just that the display dosen't change it stays on com1