Sign in to follow this  
CW46

Precision Flight Controls - Win 8.1 - P3D V3.1

Looking to upgrade controllers and inquired about compatibility with PFC tech support before I placed an order.

The reply was: "We have had numerous reports of USB problems with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 that Windows 7 users are not experiencing." 

And regarding use In P3D:  "P3D only has native support for up to a twin piston aircraft but none for jets or turboprops"  Based on the reply I would have to assume it works subject to his statement, as there is no reference to P3D in their system requirements information.

I am assuming the components will be recognized as "plug and play USB or HID devices"  in Windows hardware manager.I spent yesterday afternoon researching this but not could not find any specific reference and obviously hardware configuration issues can be unique to individual installations.

Can someone confirm their PFC hardware is working with Win 8.1 and P3D V3.1? Were there any other actions required other than controller setup in P3D? For the record I have had zero issues with Logitech or Saitek controllers using P3D and Win 8.1.

Gary Stewart

Gary, I can't comment on Win 8.1 and Win 10. But after a conversation with PFC tech support earlier today, I can perhaps clarify what was meant by  "P3D only has native support for up to a twin piston aircraft but none for jets or turboprops."

As I understand it, what PFC means is that P3D alone is unable to support the unique throttle quadrant setups for turboprops and jets, which involve beta and reverser ranges and dedicated reverser levers. This, of course, is also true with FSX. But all is not lost. Beta and reverser ranges and reverser levers can be setup via fsuipic, which is what I've been doing for years with Saitek hardware and should continue to be viable with the PFC throttle quadrants.

I am about to purchase the Saab yoke and three of their TQs for use with P3D v3.1. I am looking forward to the turboprop TQ with real world, gated-like detents for these features and, in the case of the 2 engine jet TQ, dedicated reverser levers.

I hope this helps.

Robert

Robert,

Thank you for the reply, I think tech was just being open and saying don't expect full functionality out of the box without using controller assignments which was expected.As is I have to do the same with the Saitek TQ I use with the standard Saitek drivers in P3D.Tech did confirm no driver required and it should act a standard plug and play HID or USB device when connected.

The $770 question is when I start P3D does it show up in the settings menu as a controller option.I would have liked to see P3D listed in the system requirements along with FSX and X-Plane as a supported simulator for peace of mind when you put up the cash up front to find out.

I assume you are using Win 7, when you get setup please post your results and I will do the same.

Gary Stewart

Thank's Robert,  glad you have it working, I am still undecided if I will go with the TQ console.No regrets with the control yoke, quality feel to it and very pleasing to use.

Gary Stewart