Sign in to follow this  
MisterX6

KBOS - Boston Logan International (WiP)

Amazing work!  Your scenery is better than payware!

Rob

• Upvote 1

Outstanding, your sceneries are part of the reasons that I still have XPX.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Detailed rendition of my home base, don't forget to include Castle Island.....

I finally realized who is in your profile pic - my wife and I love that show - fantastic!

yup Daredevil :wink:  :smile:

MisterX6,

Welcome to AVSIM and thank you for providing the community with some outstanding freeware airports & sceneries.  :wub:

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Terrific looking so far! What a wonderful rendition of my local airport....I can hear the jets taking off from Logan from my office downtown.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Hats of sir :hi: that looks incredible. The level of detail is stunning

+10,000~!

Wow....wow...and wow.....

Ses

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :smile:

misterX have you ever considered creating tutorials on how you do these airports so more people can help you with this project?

I don't really feel like I'm doing anything special. If you want to learn how to design sceneries, there are plenty of great tutorials around for World Editor and Blender.

I think the best way to learn is to just watch tutorials and follow them. Sites like BlenderGuru have been very helpful for me.

Detailed rendition of my home base, don't forget to include Castle Island.....

Don't worry, Castle Island and Fort Independence will be there as well. I'll post some screenshots when it's ready.

• Upvote 4

Like everyone else. Thanks for the airport scenery.  Last year, I was amazed with your PAJN ( Juneau, Alaska) airport scenery. The airport, along with X-Planes grey skies for the day,and mountain back drop,  just looked amazingly real.  I spent a lot of years, flying in mountainous regions, in real life. This scenery made my day! Thanks, once again. 

I don't really feel like I'm doing anything special.

Understatement of the century  :wink: . You must have a lot of patience to put in all the detail that you do. When trying to make my own airports, it's unbelievable how long it can take just to make an object like a car or firetruck which for me are far harder to model and texture than the actual terminal or buildings. The advantage is though, once you've made one airport, you then have the objects you can reuse/retexture for the next one.

Understatement of the century  :wink: . You must have a lot of patience to put in all the detail that you do. When trying to make my own airports, it's unbelievable how long it can take just to make an object like a car or firetruck which for me are far harder to model and texture than the actual terminal or buildings. The advantage is though, once you've made one airport, you then have the objects you can reuse/retexture for the next one.

Interestingly enough, I actually find it easier to model vehicles. With Blender it's basically just setting a reference image as background and then tracing everything. Terminals can get way more tedious for me.

Also, to expand a bit on the question of learning how to make sceneries, I think the easist way to learn is to just set yourself a goal and then work towards that. I was really bothered by the fact that X-Plane was missing the Golden Gate Bridge, so I set out to fix that, and started gathering the resources I need to put it in the game.

You can also start smaller, like maybe you want to add a few more buildings to your local airport, so you can start by reading the World Editor manual and then maybe try to pick up 3d modelling later.

Anyway, here's another update on Boston!

The scenery is coming along fairly well, with all major buildings in place now.

I still need to add a lot of detail to the airport, but I should be able to finish it this month.

Terminal E - All international flights arrive and depart here

lnsherb.jpg

eQ2DUub.jpg

9/11 memorial

GLfAY9n.jpg

General Aviation area

ZAtCVXD.jpg

Fuel storage

GTAS9af.jpg

East Boston Memorial Park and stadium

EFfTqfO.jpg

C47gNLo.jpg

Airport Hilton

vir8QOa.jpg

Close-up of the control tower

aIOC3HE.jpg

Harbor at dawn

KjP8yg6.jpg

View from Castle Island

AZbacxv.jpg

Harbor and city

fmwvWFU.jpg

Bunker Hill Bridge and TD Garden

ucAUXeK.jpg

Downtown Boston

zNpjSo7.jpg

• Upvote 8

WOW.

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply