Sign in to follow this  

A few weeks ago I suddenly started seeing my mouse cursor moving steadily from the left to right side of my monitors all by itself (a brand new 'amusement' provided for me by my PC; I never know what it's going to conjure up next!). It was still usable but went back to its trek across the screen when I left the mouse alone. Took a while to discover that it was caused by the X52 - if I unplug it and then back in again the cursor stops its movement. (I am talking about my main mouse here, not the cursor on the X52 itself).

I thought I'd solved it - it seemed to happen mostly if I woke the PC up from standby mode. But now it happens on and off (not all the time, thank god) for apparently no reason at all. I simply have to unplug the X52 and then plug it back in again.

I love the hardware but I am really fed up with Saitek's software! I can't use USB3.0 on this PC as the Saitek software kept causing BSODs with the Intel USB controllers (a known issue apparently), there always seems to be something! If I had $1 for every time I've had to reinstall the Saitek drivers... !

Anyone else had this cursed cursor issue and been able to find a permanent fix (other than ditching the X52!).

Martin

Guest Mik75

Yes, I had that problem as well!

For me, it had been related to Saitek's programming software. I uninstalled it completely, and just used the latest Saitek drivers and FSUIPC for axis assignments and calibration and never had that problem again ever since.

I have never attempted to have FSUIPC (registered version) take over all my keyboard shortcuts and joystick controls. I have no idea how.. I'll have to look at the documentation but I recall that it is complicated??

I am still getting this behaviour. The folks at MadCatz have been quite good and are investigating - they have offered to replace the X52 for a new one, but I doubt that the hardware is the problem. (I can fortunately test this as I have two X52s and am going to swap them over today to see if the wandering cursor still occurs - little doubt that it will.

The problem with using FSUIPC is that some a/c don't like it. PMDG support have told me not to use FSUIPC to programme their MD-11 for instance, as it causes issues. I don't know if you'll come back to this thread Michael, but just to confirm, you uninstalled all the Saitek software and then only installed the drivers? I have a full setup of commands via the programming software and I envisage, if if it works with my PMDG etc. third party aircraft, it will be a nightmare to get everything working as it does with the Saitek software!

Anyone else have this? A little video here, though I am sure it's hardly needed:

http://mega.nz/#!T4JCSLpb!qN0xVwYqh7hBy5F12qGX98NWCOBaDvXsfH7wwAeJ46g

(At 6", I pulled the X52 USB plug out)

M.

Guest Mik75

I am still getting this behaviour. The folks at MadCatz have been quite good and are investigating - they have offered to replace the X52 for a new one, but I doubt that the hardware is the problem. (I can fortunately test this as I have two X52s and am going to swap them over today to see if the wandering cursor still occurs - little doubt that it will.

The problem with using FSUIPC is that some a/c don't like it. PMDG support have told me not to use FSUIPC to programme their MD-11 for instance, as it causes issues. I don't know if you'll come back to this thread Michael, but just to confirm, you uninstalled all the Saitek software and then only installed the drivers? I have a full setup of commands via the programming software and I envisage, if if it works with my PMDG etc. third party aircraft, it will be a nightmare to get everything working as it does with the Saitek software!

Anyone else have this? A little video here, though I am sure it's hardly needed:

http://mega.nz/#!T4JCSLpb!qN0xVwYqh7hBy5F12qGX98NWCOBaDvXsfH7wwAeJ46g

(At 6", I pulled the X52 USB plug out)

M.

I had that too, it's been caused by their software on my machine. I could unplug the stick too, but the courser kept on running to the left. Only a system reboot would solve the issue.

Get rid of the software and use FSUIPC, it's not too hard to learn, and you can even program profiles for different planes.

Have you tried to disable the Saitek mouse entry in the device manager? It appears as HID mouse there. Everything was fine here after I did that. I use no Saitek software but also no mappings from FSUIPC. 

Hans

I have had an X52 for so long that if the button/key presses were any different from what they are now, I'd never get it right - it's instinctive. How do you 'programme;' the X52 to respond to chosen key presses with no programming software and no FSUIPC?

I use the stick mouse on the X52, but could do without it if necessary. Next time the problem happens I'll try some of the 'solutions' I just found here

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=38498

and elsewhere, and try setting the X52 mouse with a large deadzone. If all this fails, I'll disable the X52 mouse I guess..

Thanks.

I have had an X52 for so long that if the button/key presses were any different from what they are now, I'd never get it right - it's instinctive. How do you 'programme;' the X52 to respond to chosen key presses with no programming software and no FSUIPC?

I use the stick mouse on the X52, but could do without it if necessary. Next time the problem happens I'll try some of the 'solutions' I just found here

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=38498

and elsewhere, and try setting the X52 mouse with a large deadzone. If all this fails, I'll disable the X52 mouse I guess..

Thanks.

For my purposes I get along fine with the assignments of the keys through the sim itself. I understand that profiles and more sophisticated button programming requires either the Saitek software or FSUIPC. I tried FSUIPC and it works fine, I just didn't want to program all keys through it, being too lazy. A mix between in-sim and FSUIPC programming proved to be a bad idea.

Hans

Saitek think the hardware is to blame (and I do keep getting problems with axes going way off centre), so they have offered to replace it for a new one...

I think I found the solution. By default in the software your mouse has several commands mapped so whenever you first download it will start moving it on the screen. To fix just go to the programming part of the app and unmap all of the ones that have to do with your mouse by right clicking it and select 'unprogrammed' 

Why post to a 4 1/2 year old topic?  Necroposting??

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: