Sign in to follow this  
DaveH

Pressurization Autofail

Have this problem again, can't remember the solution.  Pressurization module altitudes all go to dashes and "Autofail" lights, along with warning beep.

Can someone refresh my memory as to what causes this ?  I tried to check FAQs and forums but didn't seem to recall any suggestions.

Dave Hinson

Can someone refresh my memory as to what causes this ?

A number of things. Most commonly in the sim, it's:

1. Forgetting to turn the packs on after engine start; or
  2. Having a ASUS motherboard

Kyle Rodgers

Whats the Mother board got to do with it out of curiosity?  I have an ASUS Mobo and Ive had it happen once or twice but nothing regular.

Andy

Andy Mahaffey

lntel  i7 6700k Skylake​ (watercooled)

​8GB RAM

NVIDIA GTX 960 Graphics

​Win 10, FSX -SE (with CH Pedals and Saitek Proflight Yoke)

Whats the Mother board got to do with it out of curiosity?  I have an ASUS Mobo and Ive had it happen once or twice but nothing regular.

Some ASUS boards have an issue with the BIOS clock that causes programs to act weird. I had my wireless card on my laptop stop working properly for about a week. Soon thereafter, my PMDG aircraft stopped working for about the same time, and then it was as if nothing happened. If you look around on gaming forums, you'll find that it's a relatively common problem.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes, I too have an ASUS MOBO.

Ah, well.

Dave

Yes, I too have an ASUS MOBO.

There are various fixes online if you look around. Some have had success with updating the BOIS or changing the CMOS battery. Mine seemingly fixed itself.

Kyle Rodgers

I got the same problem with a crazy autopilot, and of course a  clock problem on the aus motherboard. I change the CMOS battery but change nothing, i just upgrade the BIOS, and now the problem is fixed!

(if if you upgrade your BIOS, take photos from bios parameters....)

I'm French, sorry for my bad english 🙂

This problem occurred just after I ran a Repair on my 737 because of a problem with FMC not loading and SIDs or STARs.  Could this have been a problem ?

Should I try a Repair again ?  Cannot PMDG find a fix for this problem ?  There are probably a lot of ASUS MOBOs out there.

Dave

Should I try a Repair again ?

No. As I always say here: uninstall/reinstalls can cause more issues than they're attempting to solve. This can be true of repairs.

As I mentioned earlier, this is an issue caused by the BIOS problem.

Cannot PMDG find a fix for this problem?

The clock on the mobo, affected by this BIOS issue is kinda like...well...the part of a brain that controls muscle fire timing. If it's causing an arm to flail about, there really isn't much I can do to teach that person how to throw a baseball like a pro. They'd need to go to a doctor/surgeon first to figure out how to solve the core issue, and then I can work my magic.

Same thing here: t's not something we can fix as an add-on developer. That's a doc/surgeon's fix, or in the case of your computer: you and ASUS with a BIOS update.

At about this time, someone usually chimes in with "well I don't have this problem with X add-on!" Correct. They're not using the high precision event timer to get the most precise performance out of your machine.

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks, Kyle.  I haven't yet tried a BIOS update - that's next. (although this is a fairly new -6 months old) MOBO.

Dave

(although this is a fairly new -6 months old) MOBO.

When I built my new comp in Nov, my mobo needed a BIOS update to use some of its core features, otherwise, it would fail to boot if you turned some of them on. There's actually a new BIOS version out there again, but I don't feel like updating it since nothing's wrong with it.

Kyle Rodgers