Sign in to follow this  
ESzczesniak

Carenado Phenom 300 + GTN750...any updated mini reviews?

I've been trying fill a void with business jets in my FS.  I know the Citation X is very good systems wise, but the graphics are marginal.  And the I have the Flight1 Mustang, but honestly feel it's a bit more of a VLJ than business jet.  The formal reviews of the Phenom 300 were a bit unfavorable in my view.  In particular, the lack of SID/STARS and VNAV the mirrors the actual aircraft were issues to me.  I've been hearing a lot of people who a really liking the aircraft with the GTN 750 mod though, and understand Carenado has polished some functionality with the autoflight systems.

So, I was wondering if someone could give me an idea on what the a/c is like with the GTN750.  How complete is it?  I know it's not the PMDG 737/777 or Majestic Dash 8 that I normally, fly.  However, can you now do a cold-and-dark to cold-and-dark flight as you would in the real thing without too many problems, or is this still very limited?  Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Eric Szczesniak

Hi Eric,

Key to understand, is that the GTN750 is not an airliner FMC, it is a highly capable GPS for GA pilots.

So, no VNAV... you manage the altitudes manually.

Having said that, you can have complete flightplans and the GTN does a great job of displaying the maps and waypoints.  The pilot interaction with the GTN is 100% accurate to the real thing, so you can modify flightplans, go direct to waypoints, etc with complete confidence.

Lastly, you have a wealth of RNAV GPS approaches at your disposal which are a treat to fly.

Add Safe-taxi diagrams for airports, and terrain display... it is pretty powerful!

Bert

You are better off at the Carenado Phenom 300 forum.  There are plenty of posts there on this topic.  The GTN 750 Mod was done by Bert Pieke.  It's Carenado, so don't expect system simulations.  With the GTN 750 and the autopilot fix by Bert at least it flies nice.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020