Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

How often do you fly coordinated?

Always fly coordinated, dark grey sweat pants, grey Nike sweatshirt, grey socks and black and grey trainers.... :wink:

^^^^   Cracked me up!!

Always fly coordinated, dark grey sweat pants, grey Nike sweatshirt, grey socks and black and grey trainers.... :wink:

:lol: :Applause:

Always keep that balance ball in the middle! That's what I was taught when I learnt to fly. Your aeroplane will thank you :)

The only exception to that rule is when you side-slip to lose altitude without gaining extra speed. Sadly this isn't very well replicated in P3D (or FSX).

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

When piloting my Beech, I always fly with yoke and rudder coordinated.  On the simulator (prepar3d), the rudder is too sensitive and I tend to always over compensate.  Thus I really only use it when crabbing or in cross winds.  Also, with the simulator there is no "seat of the pants" feel so much of the physical cues are missed.

side-slip to lose altitude without gaining extra speed. Sadly this isn't very well replicated in P3D (or FSX).

That depends on the aircraft implementation. Do you have the Realair Scout? Or the Carenado Cessna 152? Those ones side-slip exceptionally well. The A2A Cub sort of does but doesn't seem to have enough rudder assertion. From memory I think a lot of the Golden Age Simulations aircraft work well (notably the PT-22). Probably lots of others but I don't fly many different aircraft much.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I only ever used to use the rudder to compensate for prop torque when putting the power on in the climb, never used to look at the ball and most of the time flew skid turns. In a real aircraft you dont need to look at the turn coordinator because you can feel that the aircraft is aligned to the turn, in FSX i dont bother and leave auto-coord off. 

The other time i would use rudder is for turns without using the control wheel, my instructor used to get me to fly back to London just using rudder,trim and power, teaches you how to really handle the aircraft. 

Bob, I was having a joke I though I made that clear.....never mind.

Auto rudder.......not for me.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

When you only have a CH Flightstick Pro joystick as a controller, AutoRudder is pretty much required.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Do you have the Realair Scout? Or the Carenado Cessna 152?

The Scout yes. And their SF260, Duke and Lancair slip nicely too. Particularly useful with the ultra-slippery Lancair!

And yes when feeling lazy I also trim the aeroplane out and just change direction gently using the rudder only. Good fun :)

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

^^^^   Cracked me up!!

That was my laugh for the day, too.  Good one!

Jeff

Jeff Smith

System: i9-9900K@5.0GHz., ASUS Maximus XI Hero MB, 32 GB 3200 Hyper-X RAM, Corsair HX1000i PSU, Cooler Master ML360R RGB, EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3, (2) Samsung 860 500GB SSD for Windows 10 Pro and sim, (2) M.2 NVMe 2TB, (2) WD Black 4TB HD for data, Samsung 65" 4K curved monitor @ 30Hz. (Currently running VSync, TB , Unlimited),YOKO+ yoke, VF TQ6+,TPR pedals, Logitech Multi, Switch, and Radio Panels

Software:  P3Dv4.5HF3 Pro, Ultimate Traffic Live, ASP3D, ASCA, ORBX, Fly Tampa, GSX/GSX2, PMDG, A2A, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado, Majestic.

On other computer: P3D v3.2.3, My Traffic 6.0a, PMDG, ORBX, A2A, Captain Sim , iFly, Flight 1, Flysimware, Just Flight, Milviz, Carenado

Well, I am a glider pilot. Need I say more. If you power guys want to learn what your feet are for go take some gliding lessons. :Tounge:

Like a lot of simmers, I use P3D as a home training device to keep in touch with GA aviation and stay awake on some core topics among them checklist, briefing, iPad + nav.app handling... and skid ball monitoring. It's a great feature, why would I skip it ! ;-)

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio