Sign in to follow this  
t4murphy

TSS turbine sound studio 737NGX

Does anyone know how to add the TSS 737-800 sounds to PMDG 737. There is not one sound file like on some aircraft. Seems crazy to have to sift through and add sounds.

:P Timothy Murphy

Hi,

If the installation process does not put the file in the correct directory for you. You will find that the sounds folder is in your: flight sim/simobjects/airplanes/pmdg737/sound  sub folder. Make sure you back up your original files first, you may to return to the originals.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Not sure why you'd want to do that.  The NGX package sounds are spot on.

• Upvote 1

Hi Erich,

I agree; but I guess in part it is subjective, even if they are real audio files. I use PMDG's sound files myself, they're great.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I had TSS's sounds before I got the NGX, to me it seems they simulate the sound more closely to how I hear it in the cabin. Especially on takeoff with that distinctive hum of the fan blades breaking the sound barrier, I don't hear it that much in the PMDG cockpit.

This is probably by design though by PMDG. I don't know what it sounds like in the cockpit, but I'm relying on PMDG to have gotten it right. One might prefer the TSS representation because that's the sound passengers are familiar with.

I stumbled upon an awesome little nugget in the PMDG plane the other day. If you deploy the flaps while your in the cabin of the plane (above the wing) you can hear the little mechanical motors hum as the flaps and slats go down. You can't hear it in the cockpit. 

I stumbled upon an awesome little nugget in the PMDG plane the other day. If you deploy the flaps while your in the cabin of the plane (above the wing) you can hear the little mechanical motors hum as the flaps and slats go down. You can't hear it in the cockpit. 

Yep - the sound varies quite a lot depending on where you are in the aircraft. As an example, in the DC-3, if I sit in what would be considered 1A, you get lots of engine and prop noise. If you go up front, you're essentially being deafened by wind. If you walk all the way to the back, it's actually remarkably quieter (or maybe I just think that because I was deaf by the time I walked back there :P ).

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for the feedback, not sold on the TSS sounds yet since PMDG did great job with their own. Always messing around with stuff by nature. If it aint broke don't fix it. HaHaHaHa :smile:

:P Timothy Murphy

Thanks for the feedback, not sold on the TSS sounds yet since PMDG did great job with their own. Always messing around with stuff by nature. If it aint broke don't fix it. HaHaHaHa :smile:

That don't apply with flight sim addons.  If it ain't broke, fix it until it brakes.

Yep - the sound varies quite a lot depending on where you are in the aircraft. As an example, in the DC-3, if I sit in what would be considered 1A, you get lots of engine and prop noise. If you go up front, you're essentially being deafened by wind. If you walk all the way to the back, it's actually remarkably quieter (or maybe I just think that because I was deaf by the time I walked back there :P ).

Kyle,

Is that a virtual 'classic' DC3 of which you speak ?

Kyle,

Is that a virtual 'classic' DC3 of which you speak ?

Haha - nope. I'm part of a crew that flies a DC-3. That's where my avatar picture comes from.

Kyle Rodgers