Sign in to follow this  
Icon 22

Why Pay?

As far as I can tell you can get  a more comprehensive program with Sim Starter and it's a free download!

Gary

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello,

I'm not sure SimStarter will automatically Track and Backup files changes made on Flight Simulator.
Backup feature is one of the main features of SimSettingsManager. 

I use SimConfigBackup, also Freeware. I´m making backups aftre every change or installation.

Dieter

SimConfigBackup - is a manual backup software, it doesn't backup automatically.
Also - it doesn't allow you to compare files changes between the backups and manage backups.

SimSettingsManager - can be used in state launch and forget - it will automatically perform backup of changed files between simulator executions.

Also, backup sets would be much less size (it is compressed) and only changed files would be backup - (Identical file stored in backup only one time).

A question, if SimSettingsManager will perform backup to some server, do you think it can be more valuable?

Thanks,

Pavel

As far as I can tell you can get  a more comprehensive program with Sim Starter and it's a free download!

Gary

It may or not be, but it's a bit unfair to make the comment in the vendor's forum, since there have been no reviews and zero feedback from buyers.

• Upvote 1

it may or not be, but it's a bit unfair to make the comment in the vendor's forum, since there have been no reviews and zero feedback from buyers.

I may be wrong but this is AVSIM, right? I always thought it was our duty to keep fellow simmers informed, especially in this day of charging, in many cases, too much for what you get. BTW, I would pay MORE for PMDG, A2A, RealAir, GTN750, Rex Clouds, to name a few. Before the review, maybe rude, but I have been accused of worse.  :smile:

It may or not be, but it's a bit unfair to make the comment in the vendor's forum, since there have been no reviews and zero feedback from buyers.

+1