Sign in to follow this  

DTG Flight Simulator expectations: let's face reality

Sometime I just cannot stop my fingers when I read ' I will not buy this because/until/etc.'

Sigh!!

Jeroen, you hit it on the head. so true.. lol ...

:dance:

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

There is nothing wrong with posting your true feelings about something. It shows that you have a passion for the subject, and that you care about it.

• Upvote 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

There is nothing wrong with posting your true feelings about something. It shows that you have a passion for the subject, and that you care about it.

Yes, but the world is full of those who are offended by strong opinion. ;).

Yes, but the world is full of those who are offended by strong opinion. .

Yes. Especially when they derail subjects and lead to flame wars. I also find that people who glory in strong opinions (often known as being rude, uncivil, and several other adjectives our mothers teach us not not to be in the playground) usually only glory in their own.

Fortunately (thank god) we have moderators for when we forget how to self moderate, and report buttons for when the moderators are otherwise occupied.

(My strong opinion) Some of those who enjoy their own strong opinions even use those buttons when they don't like other people's strong opinions.

Back to the mods, to maintain some quota of peaceful behavior.

• Upvote 3

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Some of those who enjoy their own strong opinions even use those buttons when they don't like other people's strong opinions

The abuser turned victim.  Yeah, isn't that a sign of the times...

Anyway....onwards and upwards as Wobbie says...

Nice to see we all still have some humility and humanity left in us. This place was starting to look like a Roman Gladiator pit!  :P

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

The abuser turned victim.  Yeah, isn't that a sign of the times...

Anyway....onwards and upwards as Wobbie says...

Well then I have a question: What (knowing what we know now about Flight School) would people here be willing to pay for the privilege of using the program?

What type of price would make you not interested for now?

What features would make you pay more?

Nice to see we all still have some humility and humanity left in us. This place was starting to look like a Roman Gladiator pit!  :P

LOL

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Well then I have a question: What (knowing what we know now about Flight School) would people here be willing to pay for the privilege of using the program?

What type of price would make you not interested for now?

What features would make you pay more?

For me, I'd be willing to pay up to £25 for a shot at it.

I have no expectations of any additional flightsim features. I'm expecting it however, based on what Martin has said, for it to be an innovative series of teaching/tutorial sessions with added free flight ability. No more, no less. No ability to addon anything, extend, enhance.

I'm not willing to pay more for it to enhance any features as I don't expect there to be any enhancement capability.   I'd like DTG to focus their resource on the sim that counts.   I do have big expectations for the full fat sim. (not immediately on release, but over time)

**strong opinion mode OFF**

For me, I'd be willing to pay up to £25 for a shot at it.

I wonder if that will hold.......

I paid $4.99 for FSX-SE, and that was the price of curiosity when I heard that it might be a bit faster/more stable.

But what will Flight School offer me besides FSX with a mission pack, and what will I value that at?

I suspect if I do buy, it might be mostly from curiosity rather than anticipation of something more (or even all that different) than what I already have.

Hmmmmm........

I'm imagining reviews with titles like "Flightschool. Should you buy it or wait for the real thing?"  :wink:

Forum threads when this is released should be fascinating.

• Upvote 1

Devons rig

Since Flight School sounds like it will be a "bolted down format", I can't say that I would be prepared to pay a lot of money for it. I am really only interested in the interactive tutorials (as opposed to then exploring what I expect to be a rather generic world).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

For the already mentioned reasons I would buy the School version if it cost 10 euro or so. I would mainly buy it out of curiosity and to see where Dovetail may be heading but I don't expect too much of it since it will be an extremely limited experience.

I'm also just curious and want to poke my nose in. I know that it'll get the better of me and I'll pay whatever the price is but can't imagine it selling for more than a smaller game title. EUR 10-15 is probably more reasonable

For the already mentioned reasons I would buy the School version if it cost 10 euro or so. I would mainly buy it out of curiosity and to see where Dovetail may be heading but I don't expect too much of it since it will be an extremely limited experience.

Well I think DTG martin said something about being able to transfer your score or stats or achievements (something like that) from flight school to DTG sim, so that might give people a bit of a reason, while also giving a hint that DTG sim will have some career or other game-like elements.

Devons rig

WOW! So much to read, so much to think about. 

I am usually a passerby so to speak (read but don't post a lot), but as I understand that the speculation aspect of this is fun, we really don't know what will be in the product (if you do, please send me the lottery numbers). 64 bit, DX22 (a joke), whatever...

I am just hoping that it will look nice and not require a supercomputer for smoothness. After that, does it really matter, as long as we can afford it?

Of course I will buy it, just to add it to my collection if nothing else.

Just have fun, whatever that is to you!

Joe Balmas

Joe Balmas

Since Flight School sounds like it will be a "bolted down format", I can't say that I would be prepared to pay a lot of money for it. I am really only interested in the interactive tutorials (as opposed to then exploring what I expect to be a rather generic world).

I'm under the impression that the Flight School is being released as a training & learning game/tool. As far as being ' bolted down', yes, it will, as I have read, be just that, NOT a sim, & not for exploring. No more, no less.

Remember how the built-in lessons in FS9 & FSX were? Well, your expectations should be for a very much updated version of that. Obviously with the additions that Martin has mentioned.

For anything more, wait for the actual sim.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...