Sign in to follow this  
David Vega

Can't Dim Gauge Lights

Just seeing if anyone has shared this issue.  Dimming the brightness on the PFD, etc, doesn't work as it used to.  If I turn the dim switch all the way down, the gauge dims just a little instead of going completely dark.  Any clues?  I'm sure it's something I'm not doing right.  

Regards

dv

Win 10 Pro || i7-8700K ||  32GB || ASUS Z370-P MB || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb || 2 960 PRO 1TB, 840 EVO

My Files in the AVSIM Library

I'm sure it's something I'm not doing right.  

Yep. This was the first mistake I made when I got it when it was in beta, actually.

Lighting is controlled by the MASTER lighting knob up by the landing light switches. If you want to dim individual screens, press the middle of that MASTER knob. You can dim all lighting together, though, by turning that knob counter-clockwise.

EDIT: Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

You also have to make sure that all your lighting knobs are also centered then you can use the Master Brightness knob to set the brightness of all lights in the flight deck. 

Sorry to Hijack this thread, but it's the closest thing to what I have a problem with. With my lights all set to control through the master and with all of them centered. The ND is always brightest and seems to be the only gauge that doesn't react to DX10 shadows, it's always bright! Any ideas or solutions? Current build is: 1.10.7025.

PMDG%20PFD_zpsosss8vxp.jpg

PMDG%20PFD_zpsosss8vxp.jpg

Clarke Kruger

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

The ND is always brightest and seems to be the only gauge that doesn't react to DX10 shadows

Our FSX/FSX:SE offerings are not compatible with DX10. Regardless of who has claimed to fix it through whatever means, the implementation was not complete when the NGX was created, and doesn't fix all of the issues that the sim had.

Kyle Rodgers

Alright fair enough, But still why only the one display seems to be doing it when the others don't ?

Clarke Kruger

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Alright fair enough, But still why only the one display seems to be doing it when the others don't ?

Because, when you're in MASTER, you can override it slightly, but in order to have full control, you need to exit MASTER mode. See the Intro Manual for more information.

Similarly, in order for all of the displays to be equal while on MASTER, all of the individual knobs need to be "on the dot" (you'll see a small dot above each knob).

Kyle Rodgers