Sign in to follow this  
Demious

ESP Simconnect client missing

I just had a look at my programs and features list and I saw that there is no ESP Simconnect client listed. Normaly it's there after P3D installation and I think to remember I've seen it in the list before, but now it's not there anymore.

I tried repairing P3D, I tried reinstalling P3D, but still no ESP Simconnect.

Can someone help me out by explaining how to (re)install ESP Simconnect Client, please?

Cheers!

Maarten

I just had a look at my programs and features list and I saw that there is no ESP Simconnect client listed. Normaly it's there after P3D installation and I think to remember I've seen it in the list before, but now it's not there anymore.

I tried repairing P3D, I tried reinstalling P3D, but still no ESP Simconnect.

Can someone help me out by explaining how to (re)install ESP Simconnect Client, please?

I think that was only ever installed for version 1 of P3D.

For P3Dv2 I think you'd have to download and install the P3D2 SDK, but I'm not sure about that. 

With P3D version 3, if you need versions of SimConnect installed to suit many add-on programs, look in the P3D3 subfolders:

redist\Interface\FSX-SP1\retail\lib.

for FSX SP1 Simconnect.msi, and 

redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib

for the SP2/Acc version. Just run the msi files. Those two will satisfy just about any FSX SimConnect application out there.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Sorry, I forgot to mention, I'm using P3Dv3.1.

I've the FSX SP1 and 2 Simconnect installed from the redist folder, indeed. I just cant remember seeing the list of Simconnect programs without the ESP Simconnect at the top of the list... I must have a picture in my head from quite some time ago, I guess. ;)

But good to know I dont have to worry about it. Thanks, Pete! :)

Cheers!

Maarten

I don't recall any app needing the ESP version, even with P3d V1.

Some apps are specific to one version of SimConnect and other apps check to see what SimConnect versions are installed before deciding how to communicate with the sim.

I don't recall any app needing the ESP version, even with P3d V1.

Some apps are specific to one version of SimConnect and other apps check to see what SimConnect versions are installed before deciding how to communicate with the sim.