Sign in to follow this  
npole

737 random CTD

Hello, I just purchased the 737 base, soon after the first flight I experienced random crashes which are a little out of statistics (if we consider that I never had a sim crash for months until today..).

I have very little information to share as I don't have any log, it's just prepar3d returning to the desktop (stop working).

I'm using Prepared v3.1, and the crashes have happend in this two conditions: while adding a waypoint on the CDU (aircraft on the ground), and when flying while entering the STAR... so I suspect (but I may be wrong) that it has something to do with the route/cdu.

When I had the crashes I were using the cyclic 1601 if this may help, now I switched back to 1503 and apparently everything is working fine.. but I didn't have enough flying hours to confirm that everything is really fine.

I wanted to ask if someone else have experienced a similar behavior with some specific navigraph cycles, or if it's just a coincidence.. and in general what to check (and if there's a way to activate a log to post more info about this crashes...).. hoping they won't come back anymore! :)

Thanks.

Marco Del Ruvo

You may want to download this free program, and when it crashes it will tell you what is causing the crash.  http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html  One of the navigraph cycles had a bug in it, awhile back, can't remember which one. You may want to redownload the cycle that was giving you the problem, and try it again. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Thank you, I have this (util.dll):

Version=1
EventType=BEX
EventTime=131008277335776964
ReportType=2
Consent=1
UploadTime=131008277336366998
ReportIdentifier=c6e584f2-db48-11e5-86ed-005056c00008
IntegratorReportIdentifier=c6e584f1-db48-11e5-86ed-005056c00008
WOW64=1
Response.BucketId=50
Response.BucketTable=5
Response.type=4
Sig[0].Name=Application Name
Sig[0].Value=Prepar3D.exe
Sig[1].Name=Application Version
Sig[1].Value=3.1.2.15831
Sig[2].Name=Application Timestamp
Sig[2].Value=5672b60a
Sig[3].Name=Fault Module Name
Sig[3].Value=util.dll
Sig[4].Name=Fault Module Version
Sig[4].Value=3.1.2.15831
Sig[5].Name=Fault Module Timestamp
Sig[5].Value=5672b6ba
Sig[6].Name=Exception Offset
Sig[6].Value=000293ad
Sig[7].Name=Exception Code
Sig[7].Value=c0000005
Sig[8].Name=Exception Data
Sig[8].Value=00000008
DynamicSig[1].Name=OS Version
DynamicSig[1].Value=6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
DynamicSig[2].Name=Locale ID
DynamicSig[2].Value=1040
UI[2]=E:\Games\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe
UI[3]=A fatal error occurred.
UI[4]=Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.
UI[5]=Check online for a solution and close the program
UI[6]=Check online for a solution later and close the program
UI[7]=Close the program

...(all the modules loaded)...

Sec[0].Key=LCID
Sec[0].Value=1040
State[0].Key=Transport.DoneStage1
State[0].Value=1
State[1].Key=DataRequest
State[1].Value=Bucket=50/nBucketTable=5/nResponse=1/n
FriendlyEventName=Stopped working
ConsentKey=BEX
AppName=Lockheed Martin® Prepar3D®
AppPath=E:\Games\Prepar3D v3\Prepar3D.exe

Could it be related to the communications between spad.next and the PDMG module? Hum....

Marco Del Ruvo

Interesting topic because I am also having issues, I am also a new NGX customer and running the Saitek radio panel with SPAD drivers, and running Navigraph AIRAC data. I have so far been unable to get the NGX running reliably, in stark contrast to the 777 which runs like a Swiss watch no matter how much I abuse it.

The NGX seems to have a penchant for crashing completely, usually after landing, or suffering VC clickspot failure at some random time fairly near the start of the flight, after which the flight is a write-off and I either reboot the PC and try again, or throw something across the room and go for a beer instead.

Navigraph AIRAC 1601 caused merry hell with PFPX and the Aerosoft Airbus X, which for the first time ever seemed to be unable to calculate LNAV (or whatever LNAV is called on a scarebus) on a SID that I fly often. So, maybe there was an issue when they complied 1601.

I

You may want to download this free program, and when it crashes it will tell you what is causing the crash.  

Thanks for the tip, next time I get a crash I'll use this to investigate.

Alistair Brown

0.png

http://www.avsim.com/topic/415387-utildll-ctd/#entry2738919

Full names in the forum, please - first and last.

I can do the same route with no crash... it's random, I will try extensively tonight. Thanks.

PS: unfortunately your forum won't let me set a signature, so I forget to type the name at every single post, can you write it on a piece of paper and glue it to your monitor so you will remember how i'm named? :)

Marco Del Ruvo

Another flight today, EGPF-EGGW, same problem and this was using Navigraph 1602.

VC clickspots stopped working during the descent (they would work again for a few seconds each time I went into the 2D panel and back to VC again).

FSX then crashed after landing, as it seems to do on most flights in the NGX, on this occasion it was just before I was about to turn onto the stand at EGGW.

AppCrashView can't see any crash data for today's crash.

NGX is basically unusable at the moment, has been since I bought it.

I am running Windows 10, Saitek radio panel with SPAD drivers, FSUIPC, ASN and EZDOK, and using VPilot to connect to VATSIM.

Alistair Brown

0.png

Yesterday I did several hours of flights with this tests:

Cyclic 1602 ... again a crash; so to test if it was the last one, I switched back to 1601.. and, again a crash! So I installed the previous version (I never had a crash with it, but neither I had a 737 by then), the 1513 .. and bingo! No crashes, I tried different routes, including a 4k miles one and no issues.

It could be a coincidence, but I suspect that something has been introduced with the new Navigraph 16xx serie (note that after the 1513, you'll jump directly to 1601 and 1602 because of the new year) that is not parsed correctly by the PMDG CDU (the other aircraft, including the Aerosoft Airbuses doesn't crash).

It's worth investigating the issue... for the moment I stay with the 1513 and I'll report back if everything still works fine.

PS: it could be the fact that I was flying with a 2015 date, but the cyclic is in the "future"? Or it doesn't count at all?

Marco Del Ruvo