Sign in to follow this  
k1fox

Realair's Duke

The Turbine Duke will keep you on your toes - tons of power - easy to over speed.

Must be my years at Honda working in the motorcycle division and riding some incredible sport and sport touring motorcycles that help me easily manage the power and thus speed of the TDv2! LOL!  "It's all in the right wrist!" (if you are in the left seat)

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

then it must be your power levers not being at zero thrust. You can check this by temporarily disabling your joystick (controls menu) then press the standard F1 key which forces absolute idle (zero thrust). I can assure you that if the condition lever is right back to the first white mark and the fuel load is half to full, you should not see any creep.

Forgot  to mentioned  its perfect   using  the v1  version but  as  soon  as I select  any of  the v2  version  then I got  no control  over  taxi speed, it  increases   and  the only  was  is  to hold  the brake  on  till  I get  to the rwy  and  take  off

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Forgot  to mentioned  its perfect   using  the v1  version but  as  soon  as I select  any of  the v2  version  then I got  no control  over  taxi speed, it  increases   and  the only  was  is  to hold  the brake  on  till  I get  to the rwy  and  take  off

Why not get in touch via email support with your order number and we'll sort it out. There is something up with your V2 because that should not happen.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

The only  thing  that  a  issue  with mine  is  the  taxi speed, need to have  the brakes  on whilst  taxing  other  wise its like driving  a  f1  around the  taxiways:)

I  have  my condition levers  nearly  in reverse   and  still need the brakes  applied or  else  its  a f1 :)

Errrr...seems to be some confusion here between the power levers and the condition levers.  Condition levers are on the far right, and full forward is high idle, the first index (~middle range) is low idle, and full aft is cutoff.  There is no reverser position on the condition levers--reversers are operated with the power levers.

So you need to pull the condition levers back to low idle during ground ops.  That, together with having the power levers at idle should do the trick.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Also if you're using any kind of ground friction patch the T. Duke will roll more easily than it was intended to. I think there's one called "FS frictionality" and also FSUIPC has the capability with PatchSIM1friction=Yes in the FSUIPC.ini. I've used the latter though and with the condition levers at 30-ish% or less the Duke still doesn't roll on it's own with any realistic payload.

I  have  my condition levers  nearly  in reverse   and  still need the brakes  applied or  else  its  a f1 :)

It's just occured to me also (and thanks to Bob Scott for suggesting this) that saying "I have my condition levers nearly in reverse" might indicate you are pulling the wrong levers. Forgive me if I have jumped to conclusions, but the condition levers are not capable of "reverse". Maybe you are just using a metaphor or figure of speech. Have you read the guide? It explains in great detail what the condition levers do.

The power levers control engine power and are on the left. The condition levers control idle power and are on the right. If the condition levers are pushed forward to any degree they will in effect increase idle power to that which can move the Duke even if the power levers (on the left) are at absolute idle.

The power levers have two detents: forward and reverse. In reverse (or beta) they act as a prop lever does in reversing the angle of the props and applying power. That either decelerates the Duke or if you pull right back applies reverse prop and full reverse power. If you set them at absolute idle the Duke can still go forwards if the condition levers are set forward of minimum, because they ACT as an idle power boost.

Can you please confirm you understand the functions and that you have read the flying guide? If you have and there is still a problem please contact me with your order number and I will carry on supporting you via email, which is our method of support. Thanks.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

It's just occured to me also (and thanks to Bob Scott for suggesting this) that saying "I have my condition levers nearly in reverse" might indicate you are pulling the wrong levers. Forgive me if I have jumped to conclusions, but the condition levers are not capable of "reverse". Maybe you are just using a metaphor or figure of speech. Have you read the guide? It explains in great detail what the condition levers do.

Thx  for  some  strange  reason now  everything is  back  as  the  v1   performs  and  yes  I  did  have  the condition levers to low  idle  anyways   everything  is  fine  again

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi Folks,

A little comedy about real world Dukes posted on AOPA a while back - I thought it was funny - figured I'd share...

Look Cool in a Duke

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Ok so having gotten Turbine Duke V2 and completing a few flights with it I can honestly say that it is a very nice and realistic plane. Realair did a good job on modelling it and I can see why it has gotten such good feedback. I like how the engine temps must be properly monitored or else they fail; it gives you added responsibility and realism. This is something that needs to come standard on all FS addon planes. Hopefully Realair models another good aircraft soon.