Sign in to follow this  
gad11

Proper loading/power issues

Hi all. Great little plane!

Wondering what the proper load/start should be. I know some planes prefer to be loaded as something simple then switched after loading to the proper aircraft and others you can load straight away from the FSX main menu.

My issue is I find the Cutlass has power problems if I start it myself. Either loading the ultralight then switching and starting the engine myself or if I load the cutlass directly and shut down the restart produce the same results. Plane flies Ok but can't get over 60 knots climbing at 2700 or 90 knots at cruise.

Decided to try for the heck of it just loading cutlass directly from menu and take off with the engine running as it had loaded. Huge difference. Easily getting 75 knots climbing and over 100 cruising.

So basically curious what is best way to load cutlass and if anyone has any ideas about less power after doing my own start.

Thanks!

Maybe you can take two screenshots of the cockpit and post them here for others to compare, one where you see the problem, one where everything is fine.

(Same amount of fuel? Alternators? Mixture setting?)

I'll do that. Thanks Thomas. 

Fuel and mixture is the same. Alternators on. Didn't notice anything on the gauges but  I will take some screens and post. 

Thanks again!

I am thinking it's the RPM gauge. I always just put it to 2700 on take off but last night I put it full throttle and it stayed at 2700 and I had way more power. Funny thing is I then throttle back quite a bit and it stay at 2700. If I put it to 2200 or something for cruise there is hardly any throttle.

Either way it works now, even with the gauge seeming off. I can tell by the fuel flow that even when it says it's at 2700, it doesn't seem to really seem to be.

• Upvote 1