Sign in to follow this  
Raufvogel

Power Shut Off for refueling B772 on Gate

Hello, I would like to know if there is a quick B772 description exists for the release of the two engines, and then for triggering, because of the refueling at the gate please?

I thought maybe it would work by turning the CUTOFF 2 switches, and then On again...

ScreenHunter_556Feb.2615.46.png

Panel after ShutDown

ScreenHunter_559Feb.2616.10.png

Overhead panel after ShutDown

ScreenHunter_558Feb.2616.10.png

Panel after switch On CUT OFF switches with STABILIZER warning...

ScreenHunter_559Feb.2616.20.png

Regards, Jaap Mooijer

Hello, I would like to know if there is a quick B772 description exists for the release of the two engines, and then for triggering, because of the refueling at the gate please?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/PMDG_Downloads/file_library/documentation/PMDG-777-Tutorial-1.5.zip

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you, Kyle, for sure to know, i'ts right i've to folow the instructions from PMDG-777-Tutorial-1.5. Shut Down engines page 18 and start Engines page 20 i think..

The fuel cutoff switches have nothing to do with refuelling. They control fuel flow to the engines. Why would you want toput the switches on at the gate?

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thank you, the fuel is an example, when i'm on a gate, and í've to boarding/catering, you have to switch off engines first, and restart later. Now i know how to do with the B738, but not with the B772...

but not with the B772...

Kevinh  has  pointed  it  out    above  your  post,  to shut  the engines   down   at the gate  first you either  need  to connect  ground  power  or  apu  since  if  you shut  down the  engines   you will loose  power. To shut  down  the engines  simply  turn the fuel cut switches  to off

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thank you, I prefer to use/learn APU so I can switch Off everywhere if needed. I've to Learn how to do this first, but what about the bleed air switch? If I can, only cut off fuel switches and later switch on, and switch APU Off.

Thank you, I prefer to use/learn APU so I can switch Off everywhere if needed. I've to Learn how to do this first, but what about the bleed air switch? If I can, only cut off fuel switches and later switch on, and switch APU Off.

You can leave the bleed air switch on all the time. If the APU isn't running the valve will be closed. The only APU control is the switch on the overhead. There is no connection to the engine fuel switches.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Hello Pete and Kevin, thank you very much, all clear now.

SHUTOFF engines:

Start APU, and wait +/- 1 minut till APU is running

ScreenHunter_567Feb.2813.54.png

ScreenHunter_568Feb.2814.10.png

FUEL CONTROLS on CUTOFF

ScreenHunter_568Feb.2813.59.png

STARTUP engines

FUEL CONTOLS on RUN

ScreenHunter_567Feb.2813.59.png

START both engines

ScreenHunter_568Feb.2814.11.png

After 1 minut engines turning, then switch off APU

ScreenHunter_570Feb.2814.20.png

I Hope it's the right way i'm doing it?

Regards, Jaap Mooijer

Jaap,

Yes, that will all work but it's more usual to move the engine start switch to start, then the fuel switch to run. Some airline SOP is to check oil pressure rising before switching the fuel switches on.

Having the fuel switches in cutoff inhibits some EICAS messages related to the engine not running and you just get the ENG SHUTDOWN advisory instead. If you put the fuel switches on first these EICAS cautions will reappear resulting in master caution aurals and a master warning siren (STABILIZER).

ki9cAAb.jpg

Thank you very much Kevin, i'm glad to know, I will change the order in my self maked tutor.