Sign in to follow this  
divermar

Weather

Since Pilot2ATC doesn't use ASN or have an option for other weather sources, I would like to use historical weather, is that possible? On the list of features to be added?

From the manual: "This may vary from the information being given on ATIS in the SIM as it is pulled independently, directly from the web site whereas the ATIS information is provided according to the settings on your SIM."

That might be my answer but I wanted to confirm is the weather based on the current PC time or the Simulator time.

Thank you,

Mark Zanzig

Mark

It will not be that far out, as ALL weather engine use NOAA, but interpolate them slightly differently.

Try this

1. Load SIM and ASN

2. Import Flight-plan into SIm, so ASN sees it automatically

3. Wait until weather has been injected into SIM

4. Start P2A and load SAME flight plan

In P2A check the METAR for the AIrport

Now check the METAR for the same airport in ASN

What's different

Let us know

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I would add that P2A downloads the current weather from NOAA.  So if you are looking to have historical weather as of days, weeks, months, years ago, it will not match.  P2A pulls the most current data from the NOAA site.

Dave

I would add that P2A downloads the current weather from NOAA.  So if you are looking to have historical weather as of days, weeks, months, years ago, it will not match.  P2A pulls the most current data from the NOAA site.

Dave

Dave,

I think that answered my question the weather is based on the PC time not the simulator time. i hope that you will add (a new feature) the ability to grab (import) weather from other sources other than the most current NOAA site.

Clive,

I've tried, or a sequence very similar, to that and experienced different weather results.  This would be expected based on Dave's answer, and the information in the manual.  Some of the impacts to the program would be the vectoring for approach along with runway selection.  I can force the approach and runway, but I would rather it be weather driven based on the weather in the simulator, how ever it gets there.

I'm enjoying the program so far, good work.

Mark

Mark Zanzig