Sign in to follow this  
tamsini

Question for the people running super machines

Hello all, I was just curious: from the start screen in P3D, after choosing your airport and aircraft, how long does it take to load the scenario?

I'm asking because it takes me approximately 4 minutes or so. I am not asking how I can improve the load - I just want to know how quickly a super-monster can load P3D?

Mario Di Lauro

uhh I don't know if mine would be considered a "super" machine, but I do have an SSD and it takes maybe a minute. I've got lots of stuff in it though. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

Hello all, I was just curious: from the start screen in P3D, after choosing your airport and aircraft, how long does it take to load the scenario?

I'm asking because it takes me approximately 4 minutes or so. I am not asking how I can improve the load - I just want to know how quickly a super-monster can load P3D?

I have one of those super computers  :Tounge:  22 seconds might be time for an upgrade lol kidding

Rich Sennett

I have one of those super computers   22 seconds might be time for an upgrade lol kidding

22 SECONDS!!!!!! That's just plain WRONG!!!

But you're right. Upgrade time.

uhh I don't know if mine would be considered a "super" machine, but I do have an SSD and it takes maybe a minute. I've got lots of stuff in it though. 

And I may as well throw in SSD!

Hey - thanks guys!

Mario Di Lauro

And I may as well throw in SSD!

Hey - thanks guys!

SSD will make a huge difference

Rich Sennett

Mine loads in about 30 seconds. Titan X. 128gb.Ram MSI X99 gaming 7 mobo. 1300 w psu use ssd drives.

Bill Davis

Never really thought about it.

I just go and mow the garden, or make another cup of coffee..... :Cuppa:

I'm retired, so time is relative.... :Devil:

Regards

Bill

Hmmm i have my sim+sceneries  spreaded over 3 SSD and im often switching scenery.cfgs so loading can take up to 4 minutes in my case. Maybe i can go faster if i would do a clean up ;)

Greetz

MJ

My youtube blog________________________Prepar3D v2.5/v3

youtubefooter.jpg

How long is a piece of string ?

At San francisco with orbx and all sorts of add ons in play  35-40 secs

At Santiago Chile  with just Orbx Global and Vector - 17 secs

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

My machine is custom built and it loads P3D scenarios in about 30 seconds, give or take.

i7 4770K @ 3.5 ghz (factory speed), 32GB ram, GTX 780 factory overclocked

3HSAJHT.png

TFDi Design

I'm retired, so time is relative....

Interesting blend of responses, string-analogy aside. 

So I guess it's either upgrade or retire... what to choose...

Mario Di Lauro

.... well to gauge something you need a reference.   To load a scenario to compare results requires everybody's P3D install to have the same level of addons sceneries airports and all.  Otherwise the figures are pretty meaningless.

Hence the well known phrase (in the UK anyway) ,    'How long is a piece of string'    ...can be any length without more info or a reference...

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

The two hardware factors that make the difference is a SSD and your CPU depending on what AM you use. Nothing else matters from the hardware perspective.

34 seconds for default scenario: Sandy-E @ 4.6, 50 Gb SSD caching (1 TB WD Black for primary storage) and memory running at 1667.

James McLees

Mine is kind of super, 3 ssd's, 980ti, 4790k at 4.9, and loads in 26 seconds. My traffic 6 dramatically increased load time due to the amount of planes it needs to load up. Used to take half that time.