Sign in to follow this  
armchair_pilot

The FO lied to me

First off, I'm using the pro version of the Dash 8, so don't take it too seriously :) I thought it was funny though.

I planned a flight from MDPC to TNCM. After having prepared the cockpit for takeoff, I taxied to the RW and took off, with my 'innocently' behaving FO, relaxingly doing his stuff. Then at his 'positive rate' callout I told him to retract the gear which he did, BUT then I saw the red lights above the gear lever. Switched to the outside view and noticed that the gear indeed didn't retract. So basically that guy lied straight into my face when we did the preflight checklist and HE said 'gear pins...stowed' :P

• Upvote 1

That's a known issue with the Pro Edition and happened to me as well. FS2Crew was designed for the pilot edition, in which gear pins are stowed automatically. IIRC, FS2Crew will fix that at some point in the future.

Peter

lol its the pf   responsibility  to ensure the  pins  are  stowed,  made the same  mistake  as  your  self  only  once  though

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

lol its the pf   responsibility  to ensure the  pins  are  stowed,  made the same  mistake  as  your  self  only  once  though

I know but after upgrading to the pro version I didn't know that the pins are some sort of a random event :)

I know but after upgrading to the pro version I didn't know that the pins are some sort of a random event :)

They are not really random, but a bit tricky: you have to stow the pins manually, but you cannot do so while the doors are closed (just like in real life :wink: ). So make sure you do that before closing the door and firing up the engines.

Peter

We can't "read" the position of the pins... yet.

The Dash 8 Developer needs to update the Dash 8 so we can "read" the position of the pins.

That will happen soon based on my conversations with the Majestic Dash 8 programmer.

• Upvote 1

The FO must have been transferred as I got stuck with him flying from CYVR to CYXS. Those pins got me too.  :Doh: