Sign in to follow this  
OneWhoKnocks53

Click Spot problem related to Registry

Ok guys, this one has me stumped.  After several successful flights in the Dash8 Pro, I lose approx. 75% of my clickspots in the cockpit. No FMS, No bleeds, etc.  Only a few of the spots work at all.  This events has happened three times so far, and the only fix I could come up with is a reinstall of the Dash8.  So I dug a little, and it turns out that when this happens, the following registry errors occur specific to the Dash:   

Problem                              Data                  Registry Key

-Obsolete Software Key          EFASS            HKCU\Software\EFASS

-Obsolete Software Key          FSiPanel         HKCU\Software\EFASS

-Obsolete Software Key          UNS1-FMS     HKCU\Software\UNS1-FMS

Windows 10 Pro x64

P3D 3.1

Q400 Pro Beta 1.018b2

I know its beta software, calculated risk.  Hopefully if this is a bug it can be addressed, 

if not I hope I can figure out what is happening!  Thanks in advance!

Rhys Legge

Hi Rhys, 

How exactly are you loading the dash? Are you selecting it from the startup scenario screen, or after loading a default aircraft at the gate?

Craig 

I have the same issue with the Pro version only. Pilot works fine.

Had it with P3D V3.1 and now with V3.2. Complete resinstall does not fix mine which happens every flight - usually 15 minutes in.

Was aware of work arounds to load the Q400 (and other complex aircraft) first in startup scenario screen so I always do this.

Have been dealing with Majestic Support for last few months -  they have been great - persistent , patient and responsive with me . Doesn't seem to be a common problem after some of the recent patches.

I'd recommend giving majestic support an email and check for any MJC error logs in P3D root directory.

Rob

This issues was addresed witht he latest patch from LM - this was not a Majestic problem.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos