Sign in to follow this  
jpv

Landing lights in wrong direction

I've just installed a couple of Eric Cantu's B727 AC along with Richard Probst's panel for the B727. When activating the landing lights, they point to the side/rear of the AC (see Attch). How does one fix this?Thanks for your help.

Guest Erick_Cantu

Those are turnoff and wing inspection lights, not landing lights, and it's the way they're supposed to point.

That's not all ... the nose is the wrong shape, the wheels are too big, the tail's all out of proportion and the fuselage looks weird. It doesn't even look like a 707.MarkMark "Dark Moment" BeaumontVP Fleet, DC-3 AirwaysTeam Member, MAAM-SIM[a href=http://www.swiremariners.com/cathayhk.html" target="_blank]http://www.paxship.com/maamlogo2.jpg[/a]

maybe replace the lights section in the aircraft.cfg file with the original ones from erics download

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Now that's not fair. You can clearly see the 707 lost her outboard engines on a rather rough landing of some sorts, jarring the landing lights and, quite possibly, reshaping the entire aircraft!Funny, it almost looks like a 27...-JeremyThe Ozark DogfighterHappy Flying!EDIT: Upon further inspection, I have found one of the missing engines. It appears to have lodged itself in the tail! Curiouser and curiouser..

Where do you get 707? Post clearly says B727. Please read carefully before posting a reply. By the way, thos "wing inspection lights" are controled by the landing lights switch, whic I assume would be for the, Ahem!!, "Landing lights".

Try extending the flaps. Looks like the landing lights in the leading edge of the inboard Krueger flaps are pointing down because the Krueger flap is not extended. Once it extends it should point forward.

"Beware The Avsim Humo(u)r Brigade ...."*****Humor Alert... Humor Alert.... Dry humor in this thread.******Ok, my brigade hat can be taken off now. :)-John

The answer is already in this thread. The lights that shine outwards across the wings are, funnily enough, the wing lights.Depending on the aircraft.cfg and the panel, these should be operated by a switch on the overhead called......yes, the WING LIGHT switch.They are not operated by the landing lights, or rather they're not supposed to be.Personally, I'd take the easy option and get one these 727 from Dreamfleet :-lol (Sorry, couldn't help it)http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...BANNER_PAUL.jpg

Cheers

Paul Golding

Well I don't want to carry this on any further, so I downloaded Stone's 727, aliased the panel by Richard and Wa La!!! Landing light switch actually does turn on the landing lights, not the wing lights, shining forward and lighting up the roadway (oops, sorry, runway) ahead. Maybe I'll get on the humor brigade too!

They might be tied to the tailhook command, as in some aircraft with extending landing lights. You'll need to set a key for that in the options.