Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Flight Toolkit 1.1.22

http://www.flighttoolkit.com/Downloads/FlightToolkit_1_1_22.zip

It has been a while since the last public version, so these are quite a few changes.  I'll try to list the bigger ones below.  As always please let me know if you find bugs or new issues with this version.

Addon Builder

- Fix conversion failures causing the app to crash

- Added the ability to specify a readme\license (in .rtf format) for a .addon which will be displayed when the user installs the addon.

- Updated the asset preview to show more information from simdata, materials and other simprop files

- Fixed a large number of bugs in the aircraft conversion, although please be aware that a good conversion still requires a lot of manual work

- Added the concept of the ConversionOptions.xml to the aircraft conversion wizard as well as to the command line in ContentConverter.  This allows controlling the conversion process in the various ways:

- Replace specific variables from MDL scripts with specific ones from Flight

- Replace entire scripts from MDL scripts with lua scripts

- Replace textures by name

- Replace referenced attached objects, effects or other object references with different ones

- Add additional bones and reference points to models

- Add input actions (mouse rects) to bones

Addon Manager

- Sort addons by name

- Added abilty to display readme\license by right clicking an addon

Asset Viewer

- New program for visualizing and inspecting .model file properties

ContentConverter

- Added optional /c ConversionOptions.xml argument

- Added conversion of individual .mdl file to Flight, including /modelOnly option which just converts the model and no materials or textures

Thanks again, Stonelance.

I appreciate your tireless and time limited efforts in keeping Flight alive for the community. 

Without your work, I fear the sim would be gathering dust on a shelf for all by now.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

yes i agree and like to thank too. much appreciated!
:smile:

Steve, I just tried to run the conversion with 1.1.22 and it crashes with the error message: FSX conversion failed: Failed to load symbol file '<path>\propdefs\propui.xml'. I use a batch file that has worked at least 5 times so I know the cmd is right. Help!

Thanks.

Blue skies & tailwinds,

-Alan

Add my thanks as well!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hmmmm..... I haven't used the toolkit for quite a while. I just tried this one and it simply won't install on my windows 10 machine. The installer runs, but no files or folders are created, even on a non-c drive :-/

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Hi... just wondering what is Flight capable of now...  what sceneries and aircraft can be imported, can Orbx areas and airports be used and or FSX/P3D aircraft?  Does the the sim run smooth -  what are the benefits and drawbacks...

Thanks guys this is interesting...

aero

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Steve, I just tried to run the conversion with 1.1.22 and it crashes with the error message: FSX conversion failed: Failed to load symbol file '<path>\propdefs\propui.xml'. I use a batch file that has worked at least 5 times so I know the cmd is right. Help!

Thanks.

That seems to be an error with the ContentConverter. I'll alert Steve about this one.

Hmmmm..... I haven't used the toolkit for quite a while. I just tried this one and it simply won't install on my windows 10 machine. The installer runs, but no files or folders are created, even on a non-c drive :-/

It's working fine on my machine and its Windows 10. Are you sure that no files are created? If there is no error, Steve will probably assume that there is no problem with the installer. Make sure that you fully remove the toolkit before installing this new version. Check that your previous install folder has been deleted.

Hi... just wondering what is Flight capable of now...  what sceneries and aircraft can be imported, can Orbx areas and airports be used and or FSX/P3D aircraft?  Does the the sim run smooth -  what are the benefits and drawbacks...

Thanks guys this is interesting...

aero

We haven't got that far yet in this release. FSX scenery should still work. We are not allowed to import Orbx scenery without prior permission anyway.

You can now import FSX aircraft, but this requires a lot of hand tweaking. You can now convert several aircraft and adjust their animations scripts to make them usable in Flight. A great deal of time has been invested by Steve to get the process as automated as possible and the reduce the manual work that we have to do.

Scripts can be adjusted via the ConversionOptions.xml file that the Addon Builder reads.

I have to stress that this conversion is NOT PERFECT! You will have to identify which scripts are malfunctioning and make specific amendments

In terms of performance, nothing has changed.

Well, I've uninstalled and reinstalled flight from steam several times and it keeps popping up with the Welcome to the Gfwl-free microsoft flight. It then goes on to mention the toolkit even though the toolkit is not installed.

I've installed and uninstalled the toolkit and the installer works fine.... it simply creates no folders or files. :-/

It only worked one time, and then I was unable to install any addons so I uninstalled it (and that's where the trouble started)

Flight (steam) is working but with none of my addons and no apparent way to install them as the gfw marketplace cannot connect (apparently a known problem)

Devons rig

Thank You Steve for all the continued effort.

And installing now. Just curious with the 'fixes' to aircraft conversion, I had gotten the Piper Cub converted (with some manual effort) before, does this mean I should try some other aircraft? before the Cub seemed to be the only aircraft that even came close to converting 'Out of the box' needing mostly just some graphics edits, while the others really got goofy  :P

Will give it a try and see.

Also, wondering if I should reconvert my FSX scenery? Is there any fixes that might get  more of the default buildings at smaller airports converted? (I tend to fly out of smaller airports and most have no buildings being converted yet)

Another test for me to try :) 

thanks again will let everyone know how things go

FSX conversion failed: Failed to load symbol file '\propdefs\propui.xml

What is the full path of that error?  Is it trying to get it from the FSX folder, or the toolkit?  Also, are you doing a fresh conversion, or do you still have the temporary files from a previous conversion that you are using?

Is it failing for anyone else?

Also, wondering if I should reconvert my FSX scenery? Is there any fixes that might get  more of the default buildings at smaller airports converted? (I tend to fly out of smaller airports and most have no buildings being converted yet)

Depends when you last did your conversion.  I thought most buildings should be getting converted now...  Do you have an example airport that doesn't have everything being converted?

I've installed and uninstalled the toolkit and the installer works fine.... it simply creates no folders or files. :-/

It only worked one time, and then I was unable to install any addons so I uninstalled it (and that's where the trouble started)

Flight (steam) is working but with none of my addons and no apparent way to install them as the gfw marketplace cannot connect (apparently a known problem)

I would uninstall Flight from steam, and the GFWL marketplace client, and then reinstall using the steps here: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/flight-toolkit.431166/

Installing MS Flight:
Make sure you have the latest GFWL client installed: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=128962 (or www.flighttoolkit.com/flightInstallers/gfwlivesetup.exe)
You can download\install Microsoft Flight from here: http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9800616
Even though Flight is free, GFWL needs to generate a key for it so it can connect to the service. I have heard of people having problems getting one. If you run into this after installing Flight and haven't ever installed it before, make sure you use the Non-GFWL mode of the Flight Toolkit. You will be prompted for it at the end of the installation process of the Toolkit.

Installing the Flight Toolkit (Requires Vista or newer OS):
You can download the latest tools here: http://www.flighttoolkit.com/Downloads/FlightToolkit_1_1_22.zip (If you have a problem where GFWL says you need a key to play, make sure you use the Non-GFWL mode. You can change this after installation from the Addon Manager)

first install went seamlessly and without incident so some info,

uninstalled Toolkit - reinstall toolkit and all my addons & DLC are still installed (great  :D)

HiFlyer, did you try running Flight in between uninstall of tools and reinstall or something?

I would NOT suggest doing this as the Toolkit changes a file in Flight install.

Also Why are you uninstalling Flight?  no need to upgrade the tools.

yes my home base of KGOK Guthrie Municiple doesn't have any default buildings that it has in FXS

Lat: / Lon:  (from AirNav.com so may not be exact in Flight)

35-51-05.4818N / 097-24-58.2392W

35-51.091363N / 097-24-970653W

35.8515227 /  -97.4161776

in addition most of the airports nearby don't have them either Like Stillwater and even Will Rogers (a big International airport in OKC) has only a small portion of default buildings

last FSX scenery conversion was with FlightToolkit ver 1.1.15  so should be reasonably current

Unable to install flight. Windows keeps saying Extraction failed for C:\users\Devon\AppData\Local\Microsoft\GFWLive\Downloads\4d5308d2e0000001.cab

It always fails right there.

Also attempting to connect with the GFW Marketplace logs me in, and lists my purchases, but then eventually fails with: There was an error retrieving your purchase history. Please sign out and try again later.

Research shows this as a common error.

Devons rig

Steve,

There was existing files in the TEST folder so I deleted that and reran the conversion and got the same error. The full path is:

'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\propdefs\propui.xml'

I am running Win10 Pro.

This is the only difficulty I have had with any version of the tools.

Blue skies & tailwinds,

-Alan

Same problem with conversion for me

Error: FSX conversion failed: Failed to load symbol file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\propdefs\propui.xml'

Also using a cmd File with contents:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Tools\Flight Toolkit\ContentConverter.exe" FSX /i:"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X" /o:"C:\FlightTemp" /a
Pause

sorry couldn't figure out how to get the code box to work right  :P

I did delete the previous conversion content from my tmp dir so was trying to do a 'clean' conversion.  I left the tmp dir "C:\FlightTemp" and the "C:\FlightTemp\Temp" dir

Edit: saw this as first line in converter log:

Using ConversionOptions C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Tools\Flight Toolkit\ConversionOptions.xml

so tried to remove the file but no help  hehe