Sign in to follow this  
stonelance

Flight Toolkit 1.1.22

First attempt at Aircraft conversion is a bust  :(  Getting no textures at all in game - but the addon build directory looks right and has the files in it. the Cub shows in Hanger but when you select it you don't see it in preview or in game.

I cant remember what all I had to edit last time but think it was just making the 'glass' transparent. This time there is no 'glass' or even the aircraft appearing in game.

Will try again and see if I did it right - maybe try a different aircraft too. Also better check in FSX and make sure I have it as a flyable craft I guess  :P  its been a while since I did any of this and I'm glad to have a reason to mess with FSX and Flight again  hehe

What is the full path of that error?  Is it trying to get it from the FSX folder, or the toolkit?  Also, are you doing a fresh conversion, or do you still have the temporary files from a previous conversion that you are using?

Is it failing for anyone else?

Yeah, getting it here as well. Its looking in the FSX propdefs directory. Doing the conversion into the file with temporary files.

Edit: saw this as first line in converter log:

Using ConversionOptions C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight Tools\Flight Toolkit\ConversionOptions.xml

so tried to remove the file but no help hehe

Get that file back! If you deleted that file, are you running a conversion without it? If not post your ContentErrors.log file here.

P.S. It's a good idea to always use the Addon Builder for aircraft conversion since you are able to look through the conversion log, whereas CMD only (temporarily) stores a couple of lines.

@HiFlyer: Try the answers on this thread, seems like the same problem that you are facing. Also check the Windows Service Log.

Getting no textures at all in game - but the addon build directory looks right and has the files in it. the Cub shows in Hanger but when you select it you don't see it in preview or in game.

Can you check the ContentErrors.log after selecting the aircraft in Flight and see what it says?  If the aircraft doesn't show up usually it means it failed to load something.

P.S. It's a good idea to always use the Addon Builder for aircraft conversion since you are able to look through the conversion log, whereas CMD only (temporarily) stores a couple of lines.

You can always pipe the output to a file, or make the message history in the command prompt longer.

For the PropUI.xml errors, what is the full message?  Are there any other details?

For the PropUI.xml errors, what is the full message?  Are there any other details?

Nope. Full message is that it failed to load that file, and that's it.

Error: FSX conversion failed: Failed to load symbol file 'G:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\propdefs\propui.xml'

Ok, that isn't happening for me, so perhaps I have a different version somehow.  I'll have to add a better error message.  Should have another version out shortly.

Ok, uploaded a new version here: http://www.flighttoolkit.com/Downloads/FlightToolkit_1_1_22.zip

Make sure you manually uninstall the previous version if you have 1.1.22 installed.  If you are getting the propui.xml error, can you try this version and let me know what the full error is?

Error: FSX conversion failed:
Failed to load symbol file 'G:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\propdefs\propxui.xml'
An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at FlightToolkit.SimProp.Symbols.LoadSymbolsFromFile(Dictionary`2 filenameToNamespaceDef, String filename, OpenSymbolFile symbolIncludeFunctor)
   at FlightToolkit.SimProp.Symbols..ctor(String symbolPath)

EDIT: Nope, seems to be a problem with the folder contents. There are two propui.xml files. Is that the same for everyone? I deleted it and it works.

Steve, the conversion is running right now. Since the error came up right away before I will assume it is going to finish normally.

Thanks for the great work.

Conversion finished and it looks just like it is supposed to. It did take about 25 minutes longer than it used to.

Blue skies & tailwinds,

-Alan

Hemi, I didn't fix anything I don't think...

Kavinda, you are saying there are two propui.xml files in the same folder?  Not sure how that is possible.  Or are they in two different folders?

The are named propui.xml and propui (2).xml. I played around with some of these files earlier on this morning (I don't know if it was me who duplicated the file!!) so I'm doing a integrity check right now.

Hmm, i can't think of any reason why my tools would duplicate that file, and I don't have a duplicate version myself.  Is it possible it is a FSX addon doing it, or possibly related to FSX:SE?

Hmm, i can't think of any reason why my tools would duplicate that file, and I don't have a duplicate version myself.  Is it possible it is a FSX addon doing it, or possibly related to FSX:SE?

I think it's FSX:SE. The integrity checker says that 3 files are missing, and I'm pretty sure that propui (2).xml is one of them.

Get that file back! If you deleted that file, are you running a conversion without it? If not post your ContentErrors.log file here.  Kavinda, I just moved the file to try converting Scenery without it but yes ofc I put it back  :D

ok here is the ContentErrors.Log:

(35.852556, -97.427426): MaterialVariation '{41F42D65-5D36-48DE-A37C-A7B46B69BFFC}' failed to load.
(35.852556, -97.427426): Failed to load aircraft material variation '{41F42D65-5D36-48DE-A37C-A7B46B69BFFC}'.

gives this for each variation I chose with a dif guid ofc, will try to load it in Hawaii but ...

this is with the original version btw  about to update now

just installed the 'new' version and scenery conversion has started correctly  :)

will take a while since I use the /a option but will see how it goes  :P

also Stonelance, don't worry to much on the aircraft conversion yet, I need to redo that and make sure I'm doing it right, its been a good while since I tried it and may have made a mistake :)

Second attempt at aircraft conversion went better!  got the Cessna to work as the Piper did when I first tried with a previous version, it shows up (correctly) and flies but the windshield glass isn't transparent - I believe this has always been an issue with the reflections as it shows the FSX file that would be displayed semi transparently I think. Will redo the Piper to see what I did wrong with the Piper and attempt to edit the texture files for the Cessna for fun  :P

Also it seems I have to use the Add Content 2 times to get it to show in the Builder, first time thru it doesn't show anything in content and the Refresh button doesn't help. Maybe I am being to impatient so will test some more.

Still this is better than before, the Cessna textures used to be displayed but where mapped all wrong, ie the wings and such where not in the right place, this time it converted the Cessna and mapped all the textures correctly

Just exactly what folder are the converted scenery files supposed to wind up in?

Blue skies & tailwinds,

-Alan