Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Sportys Pilot Shop - multi-engine training almost available - N706SP

Anybody remember Sportys Red and White Aztec used in the multi-engine training tapes and dvds? Almost got the top half, the bottom is going to be a bunch of guesses.

Regards,

Ray

Sporty_N706SP.jpg

sport3.JPG

sport2.JPG

Sport1.JPG

bottom.JPG

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Me!!. I remember.

This is a great idea for a paint. I knew something was missing from my Aztec.

Have already put down my deposit on a delivery position. And when I get mine, I already have a great selection of panel colors to customize mine!!

Thanks for sharing your creativity and hard work, Ray. Hope you have some hair left when it is finished.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

The Sportys will come with a black panel. I need someone to do a red interior for it.

Regards,

Ray

I have been working on the paint off and on all weekend. It is getting very close. I removed the boot from the vertical stabilizer and cleaned up some areas.

I just uploaded it to the library as Sportys Pilot Shop red/white Aztec.

Enjoy,

Ray

Compare2.jpg

Capture2.JPG

Outstanding repaint. I notice one of the cowl flaps been missed in repaint. Still great repint.

Outstanding repaint. I notice one of the cowl flaps been missed in repaint. Still great repint.

You just can't get anymore good free repaints.   :wink: Thanks.

One day I might start a search party to find that little sucker and then I can fix it.

Regards,

Ray

Thanks, Ray, for the great job on the Aztec! My search party found that rascally texture. ;) I don't know where you found the patience to do this after looking at the textures! That is some work!! Much appreciated!!

Don

Thanks, Ray, for the great job on the Aztec! My search party found that rascally texture. ;) I don't know where you found the patience to do this after looking at the textures! That is some work!! Much appreciated!!

Don

Thanks Don, I have been putting off the actual search for that one cowl flap. When I do get around to it, it will be easy to fix, but I think I may just tell folks that I have it and make the update available for a couple of weeks. It is a lot of work to make a full replacement and upload to the library for something that minor. But, what the hay.

Yep, you have to be a little weird to even attempt a Carenado/Alabeo repaint, especially when trying to copy something that is really sitting out on the ramp like Sportys.

Regards,