Sign in to follow this  
bonchie

Odd problem with wave animations flowing opposite directions

I just got a new SSD and installed V3.1 along with REX4 (among other stuff, but nothing else affects water).

I loaded up my normal saved theme for REX4 thinking nothing of it.

But now I'm noticing that no matter what I do, the water seems to be flowing in opposite directions. So they'll be a strip flowing left, and another right. In some places, it looks like it's flowing in a wide circle. 

I never had this issue with 2.5 using any of my current settings and the water always flowed in the same direction. Anyone seen or heard of this before?

This happens in all weather conditions, with all REX4 texture sets or wave animations. With Tessellation high or low. With water on Low to Ultra. Nothing seems to make a difference. I'm stumped.

Well, looks like I'll just have to reinstall. I've googled and found zero people who've had this same issue.

Glad this new SSD makes everything so much faster at least.

I've noticed the same phenomenon, I think it may be an optical illusion? Interesting that Rob Ainscough hasnt chipped in (on ANY thread for a few days for that matter?), wonder if the latest LM beta is out for testing :P

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Yep, it's not my setup

Total reinstall with zero addons, still there. So I guess it's an issue with 3.1.

I'm shocked that I'm the first one to make a post about it.

Sounds like when you watch a  car go down the road and the rims are going backwards due to the speed they are travelling at.

10700k / Gigabyte 3060

Sounds like when you watch a  car go down the road and the rims are going backwards due to the speed they are travelling at.

Which is probably part of it. Regardless, it looks bad because it appears one section is standing still almost while other sections are going in opposite directions.