Sign in to follow this  
Hash

Where can I find charts?

In the past there was a inflight very usefull chart from:

AIRPORT'S CHART VIEWER V5.0

But it's only for FS9. Is there a same or new program that is similar to the chart mention above that work for FSX?

Thanks

Hash

In the past there was a inflight very usefull chart from: AIRPORT'S CHART VIEWER V5.0

But it's only for FS9. Is there a same or new program that is similar to the chart mention above that work for FSX?

Thanks

Hash

Rather than digging and I mean really digging up a 12 year old thread you could have started a new one for your question.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

In the past there was a inflight very usefull chart from:

Split from a very old topic.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Rather than digging and I mean really digging up a 12 year old thread you could have started a new one for your question.

Hi,

Since I were asking a about a chart program/application so I thought this is the right place to asked as referred to the heading.........."Where can I find charts?"

Split from a very old topic.

Hi Jim,

As mentioned above I just refer to the heading topic not whether or not it's an old topic :smile:

No need for programs/applications as charts are available at quite a number of web sites.  Fltplan.com, airnav.com, skyvector.com, the list is long....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Most excellent site of what you need.

https://www.fltplan.com/AwMainToApproachPlates.exe?CRN10=1&CARRYUNAME=PILOT&MODE=SEARCH&end=end

And I use this for all my vfr planning

https://skyvector.com

Hi Casualcas,

Thank you for the info, I did have Skyvector and the other site that you recommend I believed only applied for USA and Canada.

What I was trying to find out is an application that I used before in my FS9 but it was not upgraded for use in FSX.

No need for programs/applications as charts are available at quite a number of web sites. Fltplan.com, airnav.com, skyvector.com, the list is long....

Hi fppilot,

You are correct but I prefer to have the one I used in FS9 which is so handy during a flight and can be accessed from the cockpit.

Understand. I likely had the same one.  However with all that is available online there is no incentive or value for any developer to create a new one.  The advanced attributes of the web sites would be difficult to duplicate on a revenue vs cost to produce in a program.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Understand. I likely had the same one.  However with all that is available online there is no incentive or value for any developer to create a new one.  The advanced attributes of the web sites would be difficult to duplicate on a revenue vs cost to produce in a program.

Yes, I am just trying to find out if there is a similar application that can be accessed during a flight from the cockpit :smile:

What areas do you fly most often?

Frank Patton
ASUS 

What areas do you fly most often?

Autralia and Asia

FSX SE offers a web browser that can be opened to view charts as an overlay, but as soon as you start typing then the aircraft picks those commands up as keyboard inputs. I'm sure there's a way to stop it happening but I haven't found it yet.

There's no better option for me than the LIDO charts offered by Navigraph. The ultimate subscription keeps your FMC data in sync with the current charts, which can be viewed via the web browser, a desktop app for those with a second PC or laptop and a native iOS app. Most crews theses days use tablets for charts, so realistically you don't need to view them in game if realism is the key.

Interestingly I've been lucky enough through our airline contacts to get a look at various airlines' route manuals, which are effectively 2-5 page (depending on destination) PDF guides that act as a cheat sheet for flying into and out of the airports on that airlines' network. They contain a host of really useful information, such as most likely runways in use, SIDS and STARS to expect, taxi routing, parking stands, local information and a host of other gotchas to avoid. At a big airport like CDG where it's hard to know where to even start, it's invaluable. We're looking at producing a simulator version of this kind of product.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com