Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

A Decent CYYZ Recommendation

The Toronto.bgl file you don't want to open at all. Check to see if your Scenery\NAME\Scenery folder is active in the scenery library as that is where the Toronto.bgl file lives and it contains the airport scenery library objects.

Dave, by is active in the scenery library, do you mean the Scenery Library that lists all the sceneries, add-on airports, etc. If so, then you may have cracked it, as that NAME is not listed there.

Is CYYZ the only large airport that you are having problems with?

Yes.

And thanks, Jan. I think Dave just pipped you there. Will look into it as currently getting some good airtime with the superlative Majestic Dash8-Q400.

Thanks, everyone, for the tremendous amount of help here. All appreciated. Wish I could buy you a drink along York St......................................................o'er doesn't that end up in the Arctic.....?

Never had "NAME " in Scenery Library unless reference is to Eastern North America which should be ticked. I'm sure you know this, so apologies !!!

Echofox

Have Eastern North America and it is ticked.

<p>

GSX is referencing this APX26160.BGL in Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\Scenery\0302\scenery folder, which I renamed to AP26160.Bak, and then re-started Steam, which as I reported made no difference.

• GSX is also referencing a MyTrafficProfessional\MyTraffic\scenery\BRE2_CYKZ.BGL for CYKZ
  • But most surprisingly, for CYTZ, there is no entry in the drop-down list of airports ID in FSX-Steam, which was there yesterday before re-installing GSX.

As mentioned before don't turn off the default AP file since it includes more than just airport info.

Ok, if GSX is referencing just the default airport file APX26160.BGL then there are two options.

1. Another file is interfereing with the default and that needs to be turned off by process of elimination.

2. Someone mentioned your autogen setting needing to be maxed. This is not correct. Default scenery objects are linked to your scenery complexity slider not the autogen slider. So you can try maxing the scenery complexity slider to see if that brings up the buildings.

Another thing you can try is completely turning off the MTX Afcad folder in your scenery library by unchecking it, then test. If that fixes it then you will know it's one of the other MTX Afcads that is messing with it.

You could also try unchecking all your addon scenery is the scenery menu and turning off UTX or Vector is your using either of those and see if that fixes it. If that brings up the buildings then start adding scenery back in a little at a time by enabling them in the scenery library until it breaks again and then you can narrow it down.

If you want, I would be willing to have a look using TeamViewer to see if I can spot the error. I'm pretty good and figuring these things out when I can see what's going on in person. You can PM me for contact info and we can go from there.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

HI Sean

Thanks for all your sterling efforts to resolve this.

• Scenery complexity slider is maxed
  • Don't have Orbx FTX Vector, or Global, or UTX

Will try turning off the MT off in the Scenery Library and see if that does the trick.

Your TV offer is superb, thanks. May have to recourse to that.

One further item as I know from the past you are a hot-shot on Brasil scenery, I bought TropicalSim's SBGR and SBGL. Not sure if that was a wide buy as compared to Ricardo Nunes' outputs?

Your TV offer is superb, thanks. May have to recourse to that.

No problem, just let me know if you want to do it. I've helped some other folks from here on TV when they were haVing issues. I'm leaving to go skiing tonight and will be back next Tuesday. Just PM me if you want to do it.

One further item as I know from the past you are a hot-shot on Brasil scenery, I bought TropicalSim's SBGR and SBGL. Not sure if that was a wide buy as compared to Ricardo Nunes' outputs?

I'm not sure who Richard Nunes is, but the best Rio and Sao Paulo scenery is the ones by Paulo Richardo on Simmarket. The Sao Paulo one comes with a good SBGR but you can turn it off and use thr TS one on top of it. I use the TS SBGL with Paulo's Rio scenery and it looks great.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No problem, just let me know if you want to do it. I've helped some other folks from here on TV when they were haVing issues. I'm leaving to go skiing tonight and will be back next Tuesday. Just PM me if you want to do it.

I'm not sure who Richard Nunes is, but the best Rio and Sao Paulo scenery is the ones by Paulo Richardo on Simmarket. The Sao Paulo one comes with a good SBGR but you can turn it off and use thr TS one on top of it. I use the TS SBGL with Paulo's Rio scenery and it looks great.

Thanks for that offer. Enjoy the ski-ing. Whistler or Vail? Stay on your feet.

Yes, next Tuesday is fine. Will PM.

Aah, yes it was Paulo Richardo. I knew there was a Ricardo/Richardo in there coz, you had sung his praises before.