Am I correct in assuming that the Mindstar G1000 DOES NOT provide vertical guidance during a RealNav loaded LPV approach?

Hmm ? is this correct because i bought the mindstar 4/5 series. I was about to purchase  the real nav data. i want to get the gps gnss lpv etc approaches ? Is this included and will they work in the gps

The G1000 is fully capable of flying a WAAS approach, with the correct autopilot. Why are you assuming it doesn't provide vertical guidance?

Second... RealNav has the WASS/LPV approaches. They work in the 430/530. We even have custom nav gauges we provide to support vertical guidance.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Thanks ED.... I should have read the first sticky!... almost have things functional at my end .. thank you for the re response update above..

I installed the realnav data. I have now flow a few lpv approachs in a corrando mooney and the stock cessna 172 

I tired this one in the 530 430

KSBA rnav ( gps) rwy 07  ( just an example ) ( also tried several others )

I had no vertical guidance  on the HSI or v2.. Trying to fly the lpv .. Kap 150 in app mode

Evidently the mindstar/530 with realnav data works with lpv

No vertical guidance

thoughts..

Peter

Vertical guidance is available for aircraft that use the variables we publish.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Vertical guidance is available for aircraft that use the variables we publish.

Thanks Ed

Im  going look around the mindstar for the specific aircraft that can utilize the variable you publish...It is entirely possible i missed that important bit of info...... Pete

I believe Air2Air have aircraft that support LPV with our GNS units.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

thank you.... i own the 182    ill check it out... much appreciated,,,

Pete

Hello Ed,

I have never heard of Air2Air.  Would it be possible to post a link.  I did a web search but it came back with aviation photography companies.  Oops, A2A. Duh!

Thanks,

Mike Cameron

I always thought A2A meant air to air...

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Tried an lpv into rochester Kroc  on the a2a.. 182 and stock ms 172.. (rnav 07 )approach with mindstar and data updates and im still not getting vertical guidance.... ( lpv )....using the 530

Can someone else try that approach and let me know if they are picking up Vertical ... I have horizontal...

or .....

Can someone suggest a combo of plane and specific approach that give them lpv and ill give it a shot to see if i have things set up properly

Pete

Stock 172? As in the one our installer places a 430/530 combo? Or are all the aircraft ones you have installed into?

The A2A 172 is directly set up to support our GNS units, I don't know about the 182 as the one I saw had a G1000 in it.

In short, I'm not convinced you're using something that is aware of our vertical guidance variable.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

what i mean is that i tried the microsoft 172 ... thats what i mean by stock..

I was able to use the a2a 182 but no lpv , its the only a2a plane i own

the a2a 182 im using is not g1000 and i successfuly installed the 530 into it. just no verical guidance

Ill keep working on it...