Sign in to follow this  
Noah101

Blurries

Hello gents, there are a few things you could try to reduce blurries.

Are you using hyper-threading on your CPU? If so, put in an affinity mask setting in your P3D.cfg file. I find a good one for me is:

[JOBSCHEDULER]

AffinityMask=85

Check out all the posts from SteveW as he is pretty much the forum expert on this subject.

Do you lock your frames or run unlimited? I find the best way to reduce blurries on my system is to lock my frames at 30. But you can experiment with what works best for you.

Finally you could try putting in a FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=n (n=0.01 - 0.99) setting in the [MAIN] section of your cfg file. I think it works in that the lower numbers make the sim smoother but can introduce blurries and the higher numbers can make it less smooth but loads the scenery better. I don't use this one so I'm not too sure but if you google it or search for it in AVSIM you'll find plenty of info about it.

Apart from that, just simply lowering your graphics settings may help - turn down autogen a notch or two, turn off car traffic, water down to medium levels - that kind of thing.

Good luck with it.

Cheers

Stu

Stuart Furley

Try this.

cfg file

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01

Graphics settings in the game:

Lock Frame Rate to something in the range of 24-30 fps instead of unlimited

Set Level of Detail Radius to maximum

I see what you're talking about but...unless you're flying on a clear winter day, in real life, you shouldn't expect to see anything except for basically what you're looking at due to haze.

But yes you can do better with the included suggestions or the free version of Process Lasso, with which I have fallen in love!

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

Ah yes Chas, I had forgotten to mention Process Lasso. Like you, I find it indispensable now. It's just a set it and forget it thing which I like! Use that to set affinity masks for your other addons - ASN, TrackIR etc... and that will hopefully free up resources for your sim to load in the scenery faster. It helped me with some stutter issues I was having (in the sim, not in speech!). There are several great threads in the first few pages of this forum at the moment dealing with how to set this - again, SteveW to the rescue! :smile:

Cheers,

Stu.

Stuart Furley

Thank you for mentioning that Lasso program..

I've noticed an immediate improvement with my "blurries" situation..

Ah yes Chas, I had forgotten to mention Process Lasso. Like you, I find it indispensable now. It's just a set it and forget it thing which I like! Use that to set affinity masks for your other addons - ASN, TrackIR etc... and that will hopefully free up resources for your sim to load in the scenery faster. It helped me with some stutter issues I was having (in the sim, not in speech!). There are several great threads in the first few pages of this forum at the moment dealing with how to set this - again, SteveW to the rescue! :smile:

Cheers,

Stu.

Stuart mind posting some shots on how to set this up - really interested in trying it - thank you 

Rich Sennett

This problem could be linked to one of two things:

- Anisotropic Filtering (Change in P3D Graphics Settings): try bumping that up if you have not already. (Try changing it trough NVIDIA inspector as well)

- The more likely culprit is Fiber Frame Time Fraction: Fiber Frame Time Fraction basically tells the sim how much of one frame should be used for scenery loading. The default value is 0.33. This is a non-default entry in your Prepar3D.cfg, therefore, you must add it yourself like so:

[MAIN]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.XX

I would start with a fairly high number like 0.4 or 0.5, and work your way down until you start to see the blurries. If you reached that point, that means your FFTF is too low and must be set higher.

Hope this helps!

• Upvote 1

Hi Rich, sure I'll post a couple of shots later on - it's very easy to use. At the moment I've got P3D on an affinity mask in the cfg file (85) and then I have TrackIR set to run on different cores in Process Lasso. I was also using ASN like this but I have now put ASN on a networked laptop. This was only done so I could access the moving map etc..., not for performance reasons. But you can put any addons that run outside the sim onto different cores.

Cheers

Stu

Stuart Furley

I did try the FFTF 0.50 and didn't see any improvement at all

I did try the FFTF 0.50 and didn't see any improvement at all

Have you tried any of the other suggestions like locking frame rates and affinity masks etc...? It might take a combination of different approaches to make a difference on your system. There really is no one magic bullet that will cure it, you'll need to experiment.

Stuart Furley

Hi Rich, sure I'll post a couple of shots later on - it's very easy to use. At the moment I've got P3D on an affinity mask in the cfg file (85) and then I have TrackIR set to run on different cores in Process Lasso. I was also using ASN like this but I have now put ASN on a networked laptop. This was only done so I could access the moving map etc..., not for performance reasons. But you can put any addons that run outside the sim onto different cores.

Cheers

Stu

Stu no problem - I should be all set - I have AM=85 in cfg. file and in Process Lasso I take care of ASN - thank you

Rich Sennett

Have you tried any of the other suggestions like locking frame rates and affinity masks etc...? It might take a combination of different approaches to make a difference on your system. There really is no one magic bullet that will cure it, you'll need to experiment.

I have tried locked and unlocked framerate, vsync on or off, AF 84, 116. Tried lowering my settings. What options do i have left?

Stu no problem - I should be all set - I have AM=85 in cfg. file and in Process Lasso I take care of ASN - thank you

Hey Rich, that's good to hear. I've made a few shots anyway so hopefully these will be useful.

When installing Process Lasso, I just used the default settings that it suggested - didn't touch anything with that.

Then when it is running, find your addon (TrackIR in this case):

PL1_zpslwqkwcil.png

Then right click it and go to CPU affinity; Always; then Select CPU Affinity:

PL2_zps7lilzyjk.png

Then you select the cores you want to use on this screen:

PL3_zps01gpkqzd.png

The cores above were recommended to me and they work really well for me with an AM of 85 in the P3D.cfg.

You can also set the priority for TIR here too as follows:

PL4_zpsxli21bbh.png

I set this to high and it just keeps it like this from here on, every time I start TIR. I never have to touch anything now, Process Lasso starts automatically with windows and applies these settings when I start the programmes.

You can run ASN (or any other addon that you have to start with it's own exe) on the same cores as TIR and it will keep the proper cores free to run your sim.

It may not work for everyone but I got an instant improvement in the loading of scenery and in reduction (almost complete elimination) of stutters.

I have tried locked and unlocked framerate, vsync on or off, AF 84, 116. Tried lowering my settings. What options do i have left?

hmmm I see your point, you've tried a few methods. Perhaps have a go with Process Lasso as detailed above if you haven't already tried it. The settings I have posted here are for a 4 core processor using Hyper Threading  and an affinity mask of 85 set in P3D.cfg. I found 84 and 116 didn't work very well for me.

Also, I wonder if you are flying some of the really fast jets - like the Raptor? Going at these speeds will mean that the scenery is always playing catch-up unfortunately. Or is it like this with even slow GA planes?

Good luck with it, let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Stu

Stuart Furley