Sign in to follow this  
Noah101

Blurries

What options do i have left?

The quality of ground textures is primarily controlled by the Level of Detail Radius and the Anisotropic Filtering settings in the graphics/display options, so max those out to start troubleshooting.

If you max those out do you still have blurry textures when the sim loads or do they look good at first and then get blurry over time as you travel?  If they look good at first, but get blurry over time, then you need to start looking at hardware or CFG file tweaks.

Are they blurry directly beneath your aircraft or just out in the distance?  If they are blurry directly beneath your aircraft, then something not right.  If they are clear beneath your aircraft, but blurry in the distance, then that may be a hardware limitation.

Thanks Stu - very good job  :wink:  :dance:

Rich Sennett

The quality of ground textures is primarily controlled by the Level of Detail Radius and the Anisotropic Filtering settings in the graphics/display options, so max those out to start troubleshooting.

If you max those out do you still have blurry textures when the sim loads or do they look good at first and then get blurry over time as you travel?  If they look good at first, but get blurry over time, then you need to start looking at hardware or CFG file tweaks.

Are they blurry directly beneath your aircraft or just out in the distance?  If they are blurry directly beneath your aircraft, then something not right.  If they are clear beneath your aircraft, but blurry in the distance, then that may be a hardware limitation.

Textures look good at first but are blurry in the distance. It seems like the textures don't catch up. Maybe it's time for me to upgrade my computer.

I7 2600K OCed 4.4 GHz

GTX 770 4GB

MSI P67A-GD55

HyperX 2400 16GB

Textures look good at first but are blurry in the distance.

Keep in mind, they will always look blurry in the distance.  If you have good enough hardware, you can get them to look a little better by increasing LOD radius and Anisotropic filtering, but they will never be as crisp as they are directly beneath your aircraft.

It should also be noted that "blurry in the distance" is quite realistic when compared with real world situations..

I think it works in that the lower numbers make the sim smoother but can introduce blurries and the higher numbers can make it less smooth but loads the scenery better.

So it doesn't work for you with those settings?  I appreciate the advice you are providing but we need to know if it works or not. 

Personally I don't use tweaks and, if there are any tweaks that might work, the benefits are minuscule.  Let your computer breathe and turn down your sliders a bit.  It is not as powerful as you think. 

The OP's image shows cloud shadows.  Turn off cloud shadows.  I think that's a major performance hit.  Just leave shadows on for your internal and external simobjects.  You can then play with the sliders in other areas to try to get the best visuals possible.  But tweaks are not going to make it.  If a tweak worked, I strongly believe LM would have recommended the settings or put the settings into the default configuration as they want the best visuals possible.  It would be nice though if someone could come up with one of these tweaks, turn up the sliders for the eye-candy and the images are perfectly clear. 

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

So it doesn't work for you with those settings? I appreciate the advice you are providing but we need to know if it works or not.

Hi Jim

I was just regurgitating some advice I had read, but I don't personally use that tweak. Thought it was worth mentioning though as another thing to try. Like you I don't use any tweaks, except for the Affinity Mask - everything else is set in the sim.

Cheers

Stu

Stuart Furley

Hi Jim

I was just regurgitating some advice I had read, but I don't personally use that tweak. Thought it was worth mentioning though as another thing to try. Like you I don't use any tweaks, except for the Affinity Mask - everything else is set in the sim.

Cheers

Stu

Fully understand Stuart.  I just happened to read your post and it just smacked me in the face and thought I had to say something.  I would love to see the "blurries" completely gone especially since many have high powered computer systems but superfast rendering is not happening.  I personally have very clear crisp graphics for P3D w/o tweaks but, occasionally, I get the blurries back.  I turned off shadowing and that has been my fix.  One has to look at everything being rendered in a scene, shadows, clouds, water, autogen and see which one is creating the most problems for rendering a scene. 

I appreciate your input in this topic in any case!

Best regards, 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10