Sign in to follow this  
rightseat

Carenado Cessna U206

Oh yeah, baby! I'd LOVE a float/amphib version of this one. I've been reading Mort Mason's "Flying the Alaska Wilderness" lately, and he's quite complimentary of his 206's as bush workhorses. I'll write them right now.Thanks for the heads-up.

I'll second the vote for a float version. I haven't flown the float version of this but am quite familiar with the newer Turbo 206 and absolutely love flying it. This is very good news indeed.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

WOOT!Ok I sent them an e-mail.Any idea of an ETA for this???XP Home SP2Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZDDR 400 D/C 4x512MBLeadtek 6800GT 256MB (77.72)SB AudigyCH Products Yoke/Pedals USBSee you in the fence...CYYZ

Guest ecv737

I once wrote to Carenado asking them to consider making a Bonanza A36, I guess they ignore me, lucky for us Dreamfleet did it with perfection (a loss to them).I also in the same email I asked them to consider building the Piper competition of the Cessna 206, the very popular Cherokee SIX, I hope that this time they hear me and come to a good solution.I guess they read the market in a somewhat peculiar way.EdmundoSVMI

Guest IanP

Not something I'd usually do, but mail sent. I've wanted a decent Amphib C206 for a long time - basically since Mikko Malinemi's stopped working properly!!! ;-)Does look nice. I'm ashamed to admit that I'll probably end up getting it anyway, boats or no boats.An amphib would be better though! :-hahIan P.

How's the 206 differ from the 172's, 182's and so on?Thanks!Tony=http://www.flightsim-bevs.com]BEVBetaSig.jpg

I got this from them this morning after asking about release date and float version>>>>a date not yet but hope ASAP...the float version ...after the release of "Landplane" version.CarenadoXP Home SP2Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZDDR 400 D/C 4x512MBLeadtek 6800GT 256MB (77.72)SB AudigyCH Products Yoke/Pedals USBSee you in the fence...CYYZ

Guest IanP

Bigger, basically. It's a workhorse rather than a runabout - the C206 replaced the old C185 as the Cessna equivalent of the DHC2 Beaver and its ilk.The main differences? More seats or cargo space, a lot more horses under the bonnet and, well, it's actually usable as a commercial aircraft. Other than that it is a Cessna in the same vein as the ones you mention. ;-)Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't "U" in Cessna parlance mean pressurised?Ian P.

Guest IanP

Mine was:"Thanks for your feedback ...we consider your idea.RegardsCarenado"At least they're considering it. ;-)Cheers,Ian P.

The "U" in this case stands for "utility." The early 206's were available in two versions, one with two doors for pilot and copilot like the smaller 172 and 182 and the 210, the utility version had the double doors on the right side further aft for rear seat/cargo access. Cessna later dropped the passenger version and produced only the utility version as it proved much more popular.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest CWD

>I got this from them this morning after asking about release>date and float version>>>>>>a date not yet but hope ASAP...the float version ...after the>release >of "Landplane" version.>>CarenadoYES!!! I only got the "thanks for the feedback, we'll consider it" response. *Does a happy dance*

I've noticed there's a world of difference between a 206 and a 182, especially the amount of rudder you have to use in the 206 on takeoff vs. the 182. The 206 is also a whole lot heavier feeling a/c. It's a beast, and lightly loaded will spring right off the deck and climb very well. It's a great a/c and the brand new ones (outside of the engine problems) are incredibly comfortable planes. I really hope Carenado does a float version; I think it would probably take a little longer since they would have to modify the model for the aft body strake in addition to adding the floaties. I hope it's out soon!