Sign in to follow this  
precog

Cessna 152

Hello,

During my PPL training, I used Carenado's C152. You can install FSX version into P3D without any problems.

It doesn't have a flight model like A2A, but it flies 'by the numbers'. At the beginning of your real world training, the most important thing for you would be to memorize procedures and execute traffic patters, so this would be perfectly enough.

Even now, when I want to train before my real world flight, I am going back to Carenado's C152.

• Upvote 1

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

I teach on the 152 and would also recommend the Just Flight version. It's not as "pretty" as the Carenado but IMO simulates the real aircraft handling more accurately than the Carenado version.

My only issue with the "real" 152 is the rather snug cockpit but thankfully we don't have to worry about that in P3D!

Have fun learning to fly!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Just Flight offers a free C152: http://www.justflight.com/microsoft-c152

Which is very poor in comparison! (And I paid for mine, before it was free.) From my archives:

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Thanks for the feedback guys.

Some favorable opinions for the just flight model but the above videos are a little concerning regarding its lack of sideslip and flight modelling.  

Yes... but I don't think you can find C152 with decent flight model on the market.

You can always train slideslips / spins etc. on other planes. I was training this on A2A, RealAir and DCS P51.

And navigation / traffic paterns / procedures on Carenado's C152.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

The A2A C172 would probably be the best in terms of flight model and procedures, even though it's a different model of aircraft. The Carenado C152 is quite good too for familiarizing yourself with the cockpit layout and numbers of the C152.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

The free Real Air 172 (which also works in FSX and P3D) provides a reasonable simulation of side-slipping.

http://www.realairsimulations.com/list_box.php?page=downloads

It's not a 152 but it flies correctly within the limits of P3D/FSX. I used this for practice during my IMC training years ago.

No aircraft in FSX/P3D will handle like the real-world model. The flight dynamics modelling is just too basic.

FSX/P3D is great for practising navigation and "general handling". Other than that you need to rely on your instructor to guide you!

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I would Like to hear some comments on the RealAir Scout - For Years I have Been a - Jump into an Airplane Running at the end of the Runway  - Cram the Throttle and Away We Go - Flying Mostly from out side the Cockpit - Recently I have been Trying to Refine My Skills - and Actually Learn to FLY an Airplane - Also Recently - I have Downloaded the RealAir Scout Series - and was VERY Impressed - Stable Flight - Great Looking VC - Clear and Easy to Read Panel - and if You get a "Wild Hair" - You can get Rowdy With it !! - I would Like to Hear from some of You Elder Statesmen GA Pilots - How You Feel About this Airplane - as a Trainer ?? - Johnman B)