Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mik75

Redownload the GNS package

Guest Mik75

Hi!

I bought the GNS 430/530 package last year and I missed to save it locally on my HDD.

I just installed P3D 3.1 a while go, and now Iwanted to install the Mindstar GPS as well.

Is there a way to redownload the product?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, go to the website and redownload it. There's a link on the main page to go to a download/purchase page. From there you can select to download it again.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest Mik75

Yes, go to the website and redownload it. There's a link on the main page to go to a download/purchase page. From there you can select to download it again.

I got it! Thanks a lot!

Will it install into P3D 3.1 without any issues?

It is designed to recognize what you have for sims and install accordingly. If your registry is messed up by things like the Estonia Migration Mangler... then yes, you'll have issues.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest Mik75

It is designed to recognize what you have for sims and install accordingly. If your registry is messed up by things like the Estonia Migration Mangler... then yes, you'll have issues.

I got an error during the install process.

Error 1605, unable to unregister some (don't know the exact name) file from C:/Win/... Please contact the support.

The process continued to the end nonetheless, and everything looks ok so far.

I still have to try the integration into a panel, but I'll do that tomorrow.

The tools show the correct paths and aircraft I've installed in FSX and P3D 3.1.

That error is known, caused by the OS and can be ignored.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest Mik75

That error is known, caused by the OS and can be ignored.

Ah, ok! Thanks for letting me know!

Guest Mik75

Hi!

I tried to build the GNS 530 into Carenado´s PC-12.

I don´t need it in the VC. It´s okay to have a 2D pop up, as long as the route, I program into the Mindstar GNS, shows up on the default GNS of the PC-12´s cockpit, and this seems to work flawlessly.

The pop up though, looks like that:

d6ugggzoaelqebz1t.jpg

And here is the part of the panel.cfg I edited:

//--------------------------------------------------------
[Window01]
Background_color=8,8,8
size_mm=524,378
visible=0
ident=10020
window_size= 0.310, 0.370
window_pos= 0.650, 0.060
no_luminous=1
zorder=7

gauge00=MPI_GNS!GNS530, 0,0,520,378, 2:1:10020
gauge01=MPI_GNS!GNS530, 64,0,384, 32, 2:2:10020

Here is, how it looked originally:

[Window01]
Background_color=8,8,8
size_mm=524,378
visible=0
ident=10020
window_size= 0.310, 0.370
window_pos= 0.650, 0.060
no_luminous=1
zorder=7

gauge00=GPS530_3D_PC12!GPS_530, 0,0,520,378
gauge01=PC12CAR!ToggleCAR530, 64,0,384, 32

What have I done wrong here?

Thanks a lot in advance for your effort and help!

Ok... have you read how to install this into a panel? This page tells you everything you need to know to accomplish it.

However, looking at your panel.cfg information you've provided. Delete the second gauge entry, I don't really understand why you added it. Change the 5th parameter from 2:1:10020 to 1:1:10020.

Read up on how our gauge configuration works...

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest Mik75

Ok... have you read how to install this into a panel? This page tells you everything you need to know to accomplish it.

However, looking at your panel.cfg information you've provided. Delete the second gauge entry, I don't really understand why you added it. Change the 5th parameter from 2:1:10020 to 1:1:10020.

Read up on how our gauge configuration works...

I read it, Ed! ;-)

I added the second instance, because there have been 2 entries in the original panel.cfg.

However, the pop up works perfectly fine now with the modification you suggested.

The line that gets drawn on the default GNS in the VC though, isn´t the same that I can see on the Mindstar pop up. And the distance read out on the EHSI doesn´t exactly match the flight plan data as well, while the course is perfectly fine:

d6uhxcvk5eh6ftfsh.jpg

I'm confused then.

You set this up so that the 530 you defined was the 2nd GNS unit in the aircraft (first number was a 2)... then you defined two instances of that unit in the same window. You can't manipulate two instances at the same time... even in the real world. You can only be in one place at a time, so to speak.

So... I guess our web page isn't explaining very well at all. :frown:

As for Carenado's second entry... that's a clickspot gauge to allow you to toggle the window open and closed. Not needed as our gauge has that built in by clicking the screen. Just remember... TOGGLE in the name tells you it's not a GNS.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest Mik75

I'm confused then.

You set this up so that the 530 you defined was the 2nd GNS unit in the aircraft (first number was a 2)... then you defined two instances of that unit in the same window. You can't manipulate two instances at the same time... even in the real world. You can only be in one place at a time, so to speak.

So... I guess our web page isn't explaining very well at all. :frown:

As for Carenado's second entry... that's a clickspot gauge to allow you to toggle the window open and closed. Not needed as our gauge has that built in by clicking the screen. Just remember... TOGGLE in the name tells you it's not a GNS.

Ok, thank you, Ed!

I editetd my last post, now containing an additional question concering the interaction with the default GPS and the EHSI, if you might want to have another short look! ;-)

This isn't designed to work with the default GNS... in fact we actually prefer it not be installed in panels with our GNS units.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Guest Mik75

This isn't designed to work with the default GNS... in fact we actually prefer it not be installed in panels with our GNS units.

Ok, cool!

And since the EHSI gets the data from the default GNS, the distance to waypoint readout can´t be correct. I can live with that!

Thanks a lot for your fast help!