Sign in to follow this  
eb28

Active Sky Next for FSX-SE

I am using FSX-SE. I noticed that Steam is now selling ASN for FSX-SE. Anyone knows if the ASN bought from HiFI or from Steam are the same version. HiFi states on their site that it works for FSX-SE but also mention that ASN bought from Steam is updated by Steam and not HiFI. Which website is the preferred for purchase when using FSX-SE, or does it not matter?

Regards

Erik Bentsen

I bought mine from Hi-Fi and I get the Updates directly from them, even though I use Steam.

it is my understanding that the Hifi version of ASN works with old fsx, p3d, and fsx-se.

the steam version of ASN only works with fsx-se.

other than that they are functionally identical.

i may not be 100% correct on that! but i believe this is how it was explained in one of the threads in the active sky forum here on avsim, you might find the thread with some poking around in there

cheers

-andy crosby