Sign in to follow this  
Arwen

Instructed to contact tower at KCON

IFR Flight plan KLEB to KCON

Everything was going fine until I was 15 miles from KCON and Boston Center instructed me to contact tower.  KCON is a non-controller airport, so there is no frequency for KCON Tower.  Soon after that, a bunch error popups started appearing . . . something to do with sound and/or voice.  I tried to close the popups, but they were reappearing just as fast, so I had to close the program.  This was the first time for this.  I'm using the latest update.

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Thanks Arwen.

The error pop-ups should be fixed in the next update.

I'll look into the assignment of a Tower at a non-towered airport.

Dave

Arwen,

Fixed it so Approach will talk to you until on approach final and then you get released to contact UNICOM or CTAF to let other pilots know you're coming.

Give it a try in the next update.

Thanks,

Dave

Thank you Dave! I'll make that my first flight plan when you released the next update.

~ Arwen ~

Hi Arwen

Just want to say, what a wonderful Web Site you have, with so much good flying information and very good tips not just for first time people trying VFR flying but also for 'pros' also.

Hope you are liking P2A

Great stuff

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Thanks!  My site really needs some updating, but I just haven't had the time lately.  I LOVE Pilot2ATC!  This is the first ATC that has really let me fully experience IFR flying, and the default ATC never did this the way I thought it should be.  I'll definitely be adding some information on Pilot2ATC on my site (once I get better at IFR).

Dave, I tried my KLEB to KCON flight again, but I ran into some other issues, where I got an error, and then P2ATC didn't seem to be working right. The first problem was that KLEB Tower never instructed me to contact Center, even after I was 20 plus miles from KLEB.  I'll give it another go when I have some time.

I just squeezed in another try before work, and this time after KLEB cleared me for take off on RW25, I climbed to my assigned 3000 foot altitude and remained on runway heading (which was taking me away from my KCON destination).  After getting more than 10 miles west of KLEB, I had still not received any further instructions, so I turned toward my next waypoint.  This took me right pass KLEB again, and after I was about 10 miles east of KLEM, Tower finally contacted me and instructed me to contact Departure.  I dialed in the assigned frequency, but there were no commands that allowed me to ask for clearance (or even to announce "with you").  I was able to ask for information on my destination airport.  I flew on to KCOM, and was within 2 miles of the airport, but never received any instructions.

~ Arwen ~

Have you the route, Arwen. I will give it a fly and see how I get on.

Just so happen to have the charts for KLEB and KCON.  Was you flying the ILS, RNAV or visual?

KLEB >KELLI > KERSY > KCON, look about right?

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Hi Arwen, this is my KLeb to KCON flight.(IFR) .Everything went well until I reached "TOD".. I passed this point by 5 miles

and atc never contacted, so I asked for descent to 2500 and they replied...after this there was no further contact

by ATC...so I just went ahead , jumped on ILS 35 and landed..So everything went well until TOD..

Atis for weather

Contacts    App for ifr clearance

grd for taxi

App for IFR release

Tower for takeoff

app for enroute

Simulator Connected

Recognition Engine Installed

Grammars Loaded

NextWpt: TOD

Radio check lance One Victor Bravo;

lance One Victor BravoYou are loud and clear.

lance One Victor Bravo Ready to Copy IFR Clearance;

lance One Victor Bravo, Contact Ground on One Two One Point Six  enjoy your morning

~Contact Ground on One Two One Point Six lance One Victor Bravo

lance One Victor Bravo Ready Taxi;

lance One Victor Bravo, Contact Ground on One Two One Point Six  enjoy your morning

~Contact Ground on One Two One Point Six lance One Victor Bravo

lance One Victor Bravo;  Ready Copy IFR Clearance;

lance One Victor Bravo Request IFR Clearance and Release from ATC Center on One Three Four Point Seven,  have a nice day

~Contact Center for IFR Clearance on One Three Four Point Seven  lance One Victor Bravo

lance One Victor Bravo Ready to Copy IFR Clearance;

State Change to: FlightPlanDelivered

lance One Victor Bravo is cleared to Kilo Charlie Oscar November as filed.   Maintain , Seven Thousand feet .  Departure on One Three Four Point Seven Squawk Five Two One Six

~lance One Victor Bravo is cleared to Kilo Charlie Oscar November as filed.   Maintain , Seven Thousand feet .  Departure on One Three Four Point Seven Squawk Five Two One Six

lance One Victor Bravo is Cleared to Kilo Charlie Oscar November as filed Maintain Seven Thousand Feet Departure on One Three Four Point Seven Squawk Five Two One Six;

lance One Victor Bravo Readback Correct.  Call for IFR Release when number one for departure.

lance One Victor Bravo Ready Taxi;

lance One Victor Bravo Standby

State Change to: TaxiOut

lance One Victor Bravo Taxi to Runway Two Five Via Taxiways Bravo,  Hold Short Runway One Eight, and Runway Two Five

~ Taxi to Runway Two Five Via Taxiways Bravo,  Hold Short Runway One Eight, and Runway Two Five lance One Victor Bravo

Taxi to Runway Two Five via Taxiways Bravo Hold Short Runway One Eight and Runway Two Five lance One Victor Bravo;

lance One Victor Bravo Clear to cross runway One Eight

~Crossing Runway One Eight lance One Victor Bravo

crossing Runway One Eight lance One Victor Bravo;

State Change to: AtDepartureRunway

lance One Victor Bravo Contact Tower on One Two Five Point Niner Five,  enjoy your morning

~Tower on One Two Five Point Niner Five lance One Victor Bravo

Tower on One Two Five Point Niner Five lance One Victor Bravo;

~lance One Victor Bravo is number one for departure runway Two Five at Kilo Lima Echo Bravo request IFR Release

lance One Victor Bravo is Number One for Departure Runway Two Five at Kilo Lima Echo Bravo Request IFR Release;

lance One Victor Bravo You are released for departure.  Runway Two Five at Kilo Lima Echo Bravo After takeoff turn Left to heading One Four Seven Climb and maintain , Seven Thousand feet . Release for departure void at  Sixteen  Zero  Five  Zulu advise with alternate intentions no later than  Sixteen   Ten  Zulu Time now is  Fifteen   Fifty  Eight  Zulu

~lance One Victor Bravo Released for departure  Runway Two Five at Kilo Lima Echo Bravo After takeoff turn Left to heading One Four Seven Climb and maintain , Seven Thousand feet . Release for departure void at  Sixteen  Zero  Five  Zulu

~lance One Victor Bravo ready for departure runway Two Five

lance One Victor Bravo Ready for Departure Runway Two Five;

State Change to: TakeoffIFR

lance One Victor Bravo Whinds are calm  Altimeter is Three Zero Two Four Cleared for takeoff, Runway Two Five Squawk Five Two One Six

~Cleared for takeoff, Runway Two Five Squawking Five Two One Six  lance One Victor Bravo

lance One Victor Bravo Contact Departure on One Three Four Point Seven,  have a good one

~Departure on One Three Four Point Seven,  have a good morning  lance One Victor Bravo

Departure on One Three Four Point Seven;  lance One Victor Bravo;

lance One Victor Bravo At Four Thousand One Hundred Climbing to Seven Thousand;

State Change to: DepartureIFR

lance One Victor Bravo  good morning .  Squawk Five Two One Six

~Squawk Five Two One Six lance One Victor Bravo

Squawk Five Two One Six lance One Victor Bravo;

lance One Victor Bravo Contact BOSTON APP/DEP APPROACH  on One Two Seven Point Three Five,  enjoy your morning

~Approach on One Two Seven Point Three Five lance One Victor Bravo

Approach on One Two Seven Point Three Five lance One Victor Bravo;

lance One Victor Bravo At Five Thousand Three Hundred;  Climbing to Seven Thousand;

lance One Victor Bravo  good morning .  Squawk Five Two One Six Expect the  ILS  approach to runway Three Five

~Squawk Five Two One Six lance One Victor Bravo

Squawk Five Two One Six lance One Victor Bravo;

NextWpt: IF35

lance One Victor Bravo Request Descent to Two Thousand Five Hundred;

lance One Victor Bravo stand by.

lance One Victor Bravo Negative. Your requested altitude is below the minimum for your route.   Descend and Maintain , Three Thousand , Five Hundred feet

~ Descend and Maintain   Three Thousand   Five Hundred feet  lance One Victor Bravo

lance One Victor Bravo Request Descent to Two Thousand Five Hundred Feet;

lance One Victor Bravo stand by.

lance One Victor Bravo Negative. Your requested altitude is below the minimum for your route.

NextWpt: CO

NextWpt: RW35

I hope this Helps....Rick

Dave, Please take a look at this

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

Hi Rick

What was your route, did you have your transponder set to 'Active' in P2A, that will stop the NAG on sqk code

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Have you the route, Arwen. I will give it a fly and see how I get on.

Just so happen to have the charts for KLEB and KCON.  Was you flying the ILS, RNAV or visual?

KLEB >KELLI > KERSY > KCON, look about right?

Thanks for being willing to give it a try!  My only experience with IFR flights are with the default ATC (which was very simplified). I bought PRO-ATC/X last year, but I found that it wasn't very good at all for short GA flights . . . which is all that I fly.  So I'm still learning, but I think I'm doing the basics correctly.  My IFR flight plan was really simple: KLEB --> CON (I think it is the VOR close to KCON) --> KCON.  My cruising altitude was 3000 feet. I set my transponder correctly and it was active.  I made the instructed frequency changes by manually dialing in my Cessna's radio (A2A's 172), I was using autopilot, with both heading and altitude. Oh, and I was using P3D 2.5, with Active Sky Next for weather.  Visibility wasn't great this morning, as it was down to 4 miles when I reached KCON. 

~ Arwen ~

Hi Rick

What was your route, did you have your transponder set to 'Active' in P2A, that will stop the NAG on sqk cod

hI Clive,

KLEB-   IF35 CO KCON  7000 ft..Im pretty sure the xponder was active..I will refly sometime soon. I think Dave sent

yu the flightplan....Rick

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

We have both just flown this one and there is a slight issue on this flight, Dave is working on it right now.

Should be fixed on next update :wink:

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Thank you guys! Good to know that it isn't just me.

~ Arwen ~

JUst flown the route in the 'test version', just some 'slight tweaks' and should be good to go :smile:

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Give the new version a go. Let us know how you get on  :smile:

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image