Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Go for it? Your opinion

Hey guys, your personal opinion is asked!

I think about buying the dash for more than a year now.

I was close to buy as they announced pro version (that was a sign from the flightsim-god, praise him) :-) so I was waiting for it.

Okay, but now I want to know if it is ready, in a post below or so I read that the dash pro is a beta? Doesnt know that, as there is no info on there page.

All in all here in the forum I couldnt see that much reports of bugs, is this the real picture of the dash?

What do you say, should I go for it?

Thank you very much!

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Although I do not get a rebate from Majestic I can fully recommend that you buy this aircraft. :wink:

So far I have only used the Pilot version with P3D 2.x and the Pro version with P3D 3.x - therefore I can not say anything about the performance in the other sims. This aircraft has become my absolute favourite followed by the PMDG 737NG and AS Airbus.

The Q400 is working very well without any major problems. A little thing which I never bothered to report is the at times flickering APU light during flight. I can live with that especially considering that it presently only works with some sort of beta patch for P3D 3.1.

Furthermore I noticed that there was an issue with the ILS frequency for RWY 07 at EDDS where the Q400 needed the old and meanwhile obsolete frequency despite the fact that I used the latest Airac. Also here I never bothered to report.

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

Nice, thank you!

...to be honest, I dont know why I ask. When it is about such a complex and fine made addon like the dash I buy it anyway at some point :-D

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Nice, thank you!

...to be honest, I dont know why I ask. When it is about such a complex and fine made addon like the dash I buy it anyway at some point :-D

I love/hate turbo props. I love the Q400, but it is a bear to fly. Any Turbo Prop is very difficult to fly, but once master it is very fulfilling when you land her.

Don't hesitate, buy it, unless you don't want to take the time to learn her quirks.

Thank you guys, I already bought it :-)

At the moment I am "head down" with the nose deep in the manuals and forums. Looking forward to my first landing attempt :-P

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Tip don't let go off gas on landing or u will fail ur landing. Keep throttle all the way to touchdown. Best tip ever or u will get frustrated

Nice, thank you!

Check out this video!

Will check the video asap!

My first landing was not that bad! Power on till touchdown was a good tip I think :-)

Awesome aircraft, no phase of flight is boring!

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

The Majestic Dash8-Q400 Pro is one of my "desert-island" aircraft. It is by far one of the most rewarding flight simulation experiences I have ever had. The sound package, the level of interaction... I love it.

I do not work for them, I get no commission from them. I would recommend the aircraft to anyone. At low weights, you can get it into and out of short strips even (just watch the performance figures and configure your aircraft carefully).

As has already been said, do not cut the power until you have you mains on the ground. The way the engines and propellers work, when closing the power levers to idle, the propeller pitch flattens and essentially gives you two huge rotating airbrakes. If your approach is not stable by the time you reach decision altitude, then you really need to go around and try it again. If you have an upset after decision height, a small burst of power may save you from colliding with the runway.

While you are at it: If you are serious about learning how to fly and master the DH8D, then I can do no better than to recommend the Airline2Sim training courses. Here, a real-world DH8D first officer takes you through the aircraft, systems, procedures, and operational aspects. Check it out...

A

Best plane I ever bought. It's actually not even that hard to learn and a true joy to fly. It just feels right. Hard to explain. 

It's not even that hard to land, it's just hard to land well. If you're used to 737's and other jets you may be a bit put off by the lack of smooth landings at first, but it comes soon enough. Froogle's 3 part video on the Dash 8 was very helpful.

Hello Everyone.  I live very close to the flight path into Glasgow airport where the Dash8 goes back and forth like a yo yo which out of curiosity made me buy the Pro edition.  I agree that it is a well made aircraft although in all honesty it is very complex for an aircraft with such a small flight mileage some 800miles. At the moment I am digesting an excellent Tutorial compiled by a Dash8 captain. I hope his knowledge rubs off on me. Richard Welsh.

Hello Everyone.  I live very close to the flight path into Glasgow airport where the Dash8 goes back and forth like a yo yo which out of curiosity made me buy the Pro edition.  I agree that it is a well made aircraft although in all honesty it is very complex for an aircraft with such a small flight mileage some 800miles. At the moment I am digesting an excellent Tutorial compiled by a Dash8 captain. I hope his knowledge rubs off on me. Richard Welsh.

When you get a little bit used to it you will see it is not that complex. But I highly recommend FS2Crew for it. 

Not only because of realism. Your FO could lend you a hand in critical phases of flight, but he is not doing all for you! It is not like the 737 Reboot SOP1, in which the FO does the most of the work.

Love this Bird! :wub:  

Klaus Schmitzer

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Yes, the Q400 is very cool in the optics department, and then to fly - recently bought the Pro.  I do great once on AP, but landing is still a learning curve for me after the AP is disconnected, esp. in any crosswinds.

I will certainly try the throttle-up tip from Amalishkin...  

The other tip that saved me much frustration is the use of rudder trim. I usually use 12 units of right rudder trim on take off, keeps it relatively level. Other lower amounts of rudder trim help in other phases of flight. It's the only aircraft that i actually use rudder trim in.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU